Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Seroxat - Success Stories Please

Re: Seroxat - Success Stories Please

Hi Spike, yes, I do get light headed and shaky, but this goes hand in hand with the anxiety. I feel all jittery all over but its almost like its in the pit of my stomach radiating outwards.

My anxieties are varied, mainly it's death related. I don't handle losing loved ones very well at all and it makes me fear my own death, which bring on health anxieties, but thankfully not to a major extreme.

Over the last year my health has been terrible, all caused by anxieties and burying my head in the sand after losing a lot of loved ones at the end of last year, so CBT/counselling here we come.

Today I felt really ALIVE - more than I have since I started taking Seroxat again a couple of weeks ago, I even sat at home on my own for a while and put my make-up on, something I haven't been able to do for the last couple of weeks

Hi guys,

It was interesting to read about some others anxieties, and so I 'll post mine - they used to be mainly about illness and death, yeah sounds strange but illness phobia or cancer phobia where the real nastes that messed my life up and the amount of trips to A&E and seeing the doc I can't recal over the years - just too many.

Anyway 17yrs on seroxat and cannot come off even though I try a few times a year, I give up now, I feel very good whilst I am on it, it's only when I come off that all hell breaks lose.

Gerald

ps I know exactly what you mean about Paxilprogress and other forums, if you say you feel you should be on it for life they won't have any of it, I do feel sorry for guys who have had a bad time on it of course, but some people are too extreme too much BS'ers on the net.

Thanks Gero. I know a lot of SSRI's are hard to come off, it's not just Seroxat but to be honest, the only time I ever worried about coming of it was about 10 years ago when the bad press started, but my opinion is, if it works for me, why rush.

I feel sorry for those who have had bad experiences with it, but they've probably had bad experiences with other SSRI's too.

This AD has always helped me immensely once I've gotten over the initial SE's, but I reacted worse to Prozac so it really is a case of each too their own.

Before going on seroxat I was put on Prozac for anxiety social phobia/anxiety after a week or two I reacted badly, I became very aggressive bordering on the violent, I think Prozac is good for depression and also 'lifts' you up, itmay have helped with depression i.e. blocked the re-uptake of serotonin and so serotonin circulates in the brain giving the feeling of normality and saneness again, but a person who is already up i.e. prone to anxiety may do badly with Prozac, this is why I think seroxat works with people who have anxiety/depression, it dealswith depression and calms you down at the same time, but yes Prozac made me too hyper, too confident.

Had a couple of down days (one and a half actually), followed by an evening where I felt so "NORMAL". I even went to bed at 9pm, something I haven't managed for a while, I've been having to go to bed at around 7pm cause I've been so exhausted, particularly on bad days. The only problem with going to bed so early, is waking early. It's almost as if I'm getting exactly 8hrs sleep and then my body wakes up with a degree of anxiety (a side effect though, not a symptom of my original state before starting back on them).

I managed to get to 14mg from 10mg fairly easily, but when I upped to 16mg I had a bad day afterwards, so dropped back to 14mg after chatting to my GP. She said increase slower if I need to, so that's what I'll do I think. I desperately want to get the side effects out the way, but am also fearful of them at the same time - afterall, no one likes feeling so crappy.

I'm rubbish at taking my own advice sometimes too - when I feel anxious I know that there is a build up of adrenaline and know I should try to burn it off. A vigorous shower helps in the morning, followed by walking my daughter to school but today, waves of anxiety keep coming over me and all I can do is sit here.

So, on that note, I'm going for a walk!

Well, into week 5 now and on 15mg and I can answer my own question - I'M GREAT!

It was a really tough first few weeks but over the last week or so things really lifted. I've got very few lingering SE's, just a bit of morning anx and jitters and a little OCD (more the "O"), but my appetite has returned, I'm sleeping better and I'm feeling AMAZING.

If anyone is in any doubt about this AD, or has just started and is concerned about the SE's, please feel free to PM me. I will happily share my experiences and offer any support I can.

I CAN'T WAIT FOR CHRISTMAS - ONLY 3 MORE SLEEPS

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information