Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is anybody on medication to help their anxiety?

Is anybody on medication to help their anxiety?

Hi,

I'm currently on 20mg / 30mg of amitriptyline.

I was wondering if other people are on medication and how much in mg they take to help them through this world of anxiety and how they feel with taking medication?

Tony

Tony,
    I was on 10mg of Citalopram,but after a couple of days came of them cause I felt like crap.Went to the docs on Wed and he gave me Half Inderal LA 80mg which has gave me a new lease of life.Ive only came to terms with my anxiety and PA's in the last few days but what I can say is that talking to someone with the same problems realy has helped me and also I bought Dr Claire Weeks book 'Self help for your nerves' which deals with nervous breakdowns but there is so much I have taken out of this book in a few short hours which I can relate to big time.

Mark

ive been on lots of meds over the past 9 yrs - diazapam, inderal, mianserin, prozac, seroxat - quite high doses

I now only take 20mg of amitriptyline at night and feel a whole lot better

meds do have their place though - but they need to be combined with other techniques as meds only mask the symptoms.

........life is for living not just for surviving

Hi,

I was told to take my medication 12 hours before I get up, so that's around 7pm.

what time do you take your amitriptyline?

Tony

I took a Diazapam yesterday at 5pm because i was having an horrendous time with anxiety that had gone on for a couple of weeks non stop & i felt on top of the world! And woke up this morning feeling normal again! That tablet i had, had been in the cupboard 2 yrs & was the last one i had, i took it out of sheer desperation so i am going to the doctors on tuesday (when the kids go back to school) to ask him if i can have some more of those to take as and when the anxiety hits. Not all the time. I dont feel i need anti depressants full time as when i can lose the anxiety i lose the physical symptom thats bothering me so much to be honest & do feel fine! I just need something to break the cycle personally. Until the next time, which can be weeks or months.

hi tony

i take mine before i go to sleep so around 10-11 pm

........life is for living not just for surviving

i am on citrapram 20mg - just finished 3rd week. First week wasn't good felt really sick about an hour after taking. I also did lots of silly things as wasn't thinking clearly- felt a bit removed. I take mine at night about 2 hours before bed - originally so i wasn't having to deal with daughter while i was feeling so rubbish. Seems ok - not sure what to expect really - was given them because i was anxious but i still am - so haven't been a magic fix but i am doing ok - still at work and looking after my daughter - having fun with her etc so they are doing me no harm - not sure what i would be like if i didn't have them?

How long will I have them - does anyone know? Also is 20mg a high dose?

I'm taking 10mg citroplam, about 4 weeks into them. The sickness has just about paseed, but i have to say my anxiety levels have gone through the roof this week- another early side effect i believe. I take them at about 8pm.

anx

Laughter is a tranquilizer with no side effects

Hi Red!

Im on Zoloft 50Mg every day and it helps very very much with anxiety. Been on it about 3 weeks and have been without an attack for nearly 2 weeks. At first it was "weird" and I panic about the fact I was on medication and thought for sure I would die from the side effects but it helped alot. Also the Book called " all in your head" helped ease my attacks!

Hi. I have been on Toprol xl for months to slow down my heart and that has helped. I have started Zoloft today, and I already feel better.. but have a massive headache. I also take xanax as needed.

I will update you, if you want about the zoloft. I just hope I dont' gain too much weight I just lost 40 pounds!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information