Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: must to watch this weekend

Re: must to watch this weekend

I give credit to anyone that openly speaks about something that used to be taboo. My job and the amount of hours I worked finally wore me down. Im not ashamed to say that previous to this I never understood.
    I get frustrated when I find out that people have more sympathy for people that have a broken leg than a broken mind.
    Last edited by Granny Primark; 09-12-11 at 10:18.

Laugh and the world laughs with you , cry and ? .....
    you need a bog roll. lol

I saw the preview and really want to watch it...even though Piers makes me very aggressive and want to punch the telly! Wonder if there's a way to watch it with just Andre in it? :-) Seriously though, I hope it brings about some better awareness, as its something I've suffered from for years, and I have also had three breakdowns...

well said Lynn and Debs
    when i saw Peter crying in the preview....omg my own tears came ,like a tidal wave (i,d just had a meltdown that day) i will definitely be watching it and hopefully my hubby will.ive finally told him whats wrong with me.......not much of a reply,not even a hug......in fact ......silence....

@robinbrum

Let's hope people take you seriously when you're panicking.

Quote Originally Posted by mallan82450 View Post
    @robinbrum

Let's hope people take you seriously when you're panicking.
    That was rather catty. But each to their own.

Its hard to take someone seriously when they say they have panic attacks yet fly all over the world, sing ( i cant even think straight when i panic) in front of thousands of people.

Quote Originally Posted by Mindful View Post
    That was rather catty. But each to their own.

Its hard to take someone seriously when they say they have panic attacks yet fly all over the world, sing ( i cant even think straight when i panic) in front of thousands of people.
    That means nothing to be honest.

Many people lead functioning lives but still have either HAD problems with panic attacks, or still have them. Not everyone who has panic attacks is paralysed 24/7 by them.

I travel alone frequently, sit on planes on the edge of panic, but I still do it anyway.

Also, everyone has their triggers. Clearly, he can get through stage shows.

Some people can perform to/be in the company of many people and not panic at all, and yet others can be in a room with a only one person and be panicking off the scale.

Quote Originally Posted by debs71 View Post
    That means nothing to be honest.

Many people lead functioning lives but still have either HAD problems with panic attacks, or still have them. Not everyone who has panic attacks is paralysed 24/7 by them.

I travel alone frequently, sit on planes on the edge of panic, but I still do it anyway.

Also, everyone has their triggers. Clearly, he can get through stage shows.

Some people can perform to/be in the company of many people and not panic at all, and yet others can be in a room with a only one person and be panicking off the scale.
    Err it means nothing to you, in my world it means a lot, someone who jets off around the world and sings in front of thousands, someone who loves every second of the limelight compared to someone (my world, MY opinion, very much means something to me ok? ) who felt fear 24/7, trapped in their own cycle of fear or fear for year after year.!

Quote Originally Posted by Mindful View Post
    Err it means nothing to you, in my world it means a lot, someone who jets off around the world and sings in front of thousands, someone who loves every second of the limelight compared to someone (my world, MY opinion, very much means something to me ok? ) who felt fear 24/7, trapped in their own cycle of fear or fear for year after year.!
    I think you misunderstood my post. I wasn't trying to cause offence!!

I meant 'that means nothing' in terms of him flying around the world, as in SOME people (but not all as you cannot, and I'm sorry for that) can still do that but be a panic sufferer.

I do know myself what panic attacks feel like. I have had them for 9 years, and have been in the same cycles you have.

If you find the post offensive, I apologise.

Jees.

lets hope he talks some truth/sense about panic attacks, it makes my blood boil when i see that 'doctor bloke' on I'm a Celeb lying celebs down/giving them oxygen/etc when they are in panic, totally gives out the wrong messages to people doing all that nonesense!!

thetube82

Think someone's got a bee in their bonnet.

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information