Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: must to watch this weekend

Re: must to watch this weekend

My fault for stirring up the bees nest with what was just a throw-away comment/observation. I'm sure Peter Andre is a nice bloke but I'm sorry I can't take his "suffering" as seriously as some of the people I read about on here - there just is no comparison. And yes I am very cynical about "celebrities" whose lives are living soap operas. Has he got a record to plug maybe and nobody really interested?
    Oh slap my cynical wrists
    By the way having suffered all my life with panic attacks I know just how debilitating they can be.

Quote Originally Posted by mallan82450 View Post
    Think someone's got a bee in their bonnet.
    Thinks that someone should be a bit more respectful of other people's opinions.

Amazing that this thread was started by Granny P in good faith letting everyone know about the show and somehow it has ended up as a bit divisive with people decrying Peter Andre's suffering as a measure against their own problems.

I have suffered crippling panic attacks in the past - to the point where I felt I just could not leave the room on occasions BUT I had to leave the room because to stay in there would have more than likely meant that I would still be in that room today.

The point I am trying to make (although probably clumsily) is that we all have suffered from some mental health issues which is why we are here and it defies belief that we can be so critical of someone in the public eye actually sharing his experience with the media - exposure of mental health suffering is only to be congratulated IMO since it does at least two things

(1) it shows sufferers that there is hope that you can manage your problems

(2) it demonstrates to the public at large that no matter how successful you are, no matter how much money is in the bank, mental health problems can occur to anyone in any situation.

And as I pause for breath ........................ just wanted to add, I shall be interested to hear what he has to say ......................

I have seen the trailer of this program. I will watch it. Who ever is been interviewed I will be watching. Panic attacks or not.
    Thank you granny P.I know something of your history of panic attacks as I have met you so it's so good of you to post about the program xx

Quote Originally Posted by debs71 View Post
    Jees.
    Pity you added this part on the end, you were sounding so sincere up until then.

---------- Post added at 08:38 ---------- Previous post was at 08:36 ----------

Think someone's got a bee in their bonnet.
    Care to elaborate? Or are you just trying to sitr the pot?

Goes to show we may be suffering nervous illness but the claws still work perfectly eh ..well done

---------- Post added at 08:39 ---------- Previous post was at 08:38 ----------

Quote Originally Posted by robinbrum View Post
    My fault for stirring up the bees nest with what was just a throw-away comment/observation. I'm sure Peter Andre is a nice bloke but I'm sorry I can't take his "suffering" as seriously as some of the people I read about on here - there just is no comparison. And yes I am very cynical about "celebrities" whose lives are living soap operas. Has he got a record to plug maybe and nobody really interested?
    Oh slap my cynical wrists
    By the way having suffered all my life with panic attacks I know just how debilitating they can be.

+1

---------- Post added at 08:43 ---------- Previous post was at 08:39 ----------

Quote Originally Posted by macc noodle View Post
    Thinks that someone should be a bit more respectful of other people's opinions.

Amazing that this thread was started by Granny P in good faith letting everyone know about the show and somehow it has ended up as a bit divisive with people decrying Peter Andre's suffering as a measure against their own problems.

On the one hand you are saying people should be more respectful of others opinions and then with the other you are directing your comment at me and having a pop at MY opinion..thats not very respectful is it? Preach what you practice or dont preach at all springs to my mind.

Suffering can be compared, and is!

Someone who has the occasional attack does not suffer in the same way as someone who suffers 24/7. Not to say that those occasional attacks are less severe at the time for that person.

Hahaha . . . . Oh dear we have all got our knickers in a twist!

*walks away singing . . . Whoa, whoa, whoooa, mys-ter-ious girl . . . *

Mindful.

We are all sufferers on this forum. Have you conveniently forgotten that?? I apologised to you, not that I felt I should have done.

The 'jees' was sheer exasperation about having to say sorry for something misconstrued entirely by yourself. It is incredible to me that people who are supposed to be suffering from anxiety/panic can be so self-indulgent and wrapped up in their own panic/problems that they inflict nausea on other sufferers after a valid point being made about ANOTHER high profile sufferer.

You should spend more time focusing on getting better, and less time starting arguments with other fellow sufferers on an open forum, who are just as entitled to an opinion as you.

Frankly, you can DO ONE with your rudeness.

Is that sincere enough for you?
    Last edited by debs71; 09-12-11 at 11:27.

Peter Andre is one of the most genuine people according to ITV producers. My mum went on a trip to Australia with some of the itv producers and they said that He's really lovely but not the brightest in the bunch and that Katie price is the fake one. lol. I love Peter he's so friendly and he's a great Dad

http://beginnersbeauty.com/
    My Blog =)

>>> UPDATED!!!!! www.anxietyforteens.weebly.com<<<

Recovered from Panic attacks , now recovering from Anxiety - nearly there!

Hahaha . . . . Oh dear we have all got our knickers in a twist!

*walks away singing . . . Whoa, whoa, whoooa, mys-ter-ious girl . . . *

lol that make me chuckle

---------- Post added at 13:03 ---------- Previous post was at 13:01 ----------

Mindful.

Frankly, you can DO ONE with your rudeness.

Is that sincere enough for you?

Yes thats very sincere, what a lovely person you are.

Takes one to know one dear.

Takes one to know one dear.
    lol oh my..sounds like something my teen daughter would say. Minus the dear

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information