Page 12 of 32 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: diary of a fluoxetine user

Re: diary of a fluoxetine user

Oh God, you poor things, both of you! I've got no kids and sometimes get to feeling a bit sorry for myself about that, but after reading your updates, and after the past few days, I've been very relieved to just be able to think about myself and be selfish!

I'm having a big blip today, somehow getting through a very stressful day at work, but in a bit of a haze. I somehow seem to be able to do it on automatic pilot... I'm a newspaper reporter so God only knows what people will be reading in the paper tomorrow!

I totally know where your coming from with the teachers I had the same when my youngest was being bullied she's now 23. I was so fed up going to the school in the end I stormed in the class and said you both know who I am talking about and i am telling you it had better stop or you will be both in a lot of trouble. my poor child was not sleeping because of them. It was two little horrid girls. It stopped but the headmaster was not happy with me lol. If the teacher would have done her job i wouldnt have had to resort to going into the class.

Yes I am preparing myself for the dreaded SE and believe me I am staying on them for good lol. Please God they work for me.

Cathy xx

Sorry, mallan, I didn't see your lovely message of support earlier - I made it through the day, God only knows how, and now darting back to collapse in bed for the evening. Thanks again for cheer leading, it makes a difference x

I dont blame you Cathy,we,d do anything to protect our kids wouldnt we?!
    Oh Ive even been police about these girls.....2 of them are already known to the police!!! they were only 11 and 12....evil bitches.The copper said..."Oh one of them is from a broken home?" I said" And? !!! your point is?! ,I had a terrible childhood but i never once threatened to KILL my friend!!!! This was the scarey thing....these girls were her friends!!! And it all started coz the best looking lad in the year asked her out....they were eaten up with jealousy. The bloody school is useless.My daughter was getting nasty texts,threats to 't*** her after school,even one threat to kill.I found her facebook still logged in one day and couldnt help but look (my daughter had been off school all week,with bouts of diarrhea and then severe constipation,she had styes in her eyes and a mouth full of ulcers,stomach,back ache,really very run down)
    anyway,i read all the messages and was mortified....i had tears running down my face.....those evil little b *******!
    then the school even had the bloody nerve to threaten me with the attendance officer for her absences! I flew into that school screaming,"if you,d sort the bloody bullies out,she wouldnt even be off school!! send the AO,I dont give a damn,they can see for themselves how ill she is!!!! It was unbelievable. I demanded they move her away from the bullies in EVERY lesson or i would remove my daughter from the school and id be taking the matter further.they finally listened.
    My daughter was tested for crohns ,she was showing all the signs,luckily it was 'just' a bowel blockage,but could have been worse if i hadnt given her the box of movicol satchets and 2 bottles of lactulose it took to shift it.my poor girl.

---------- Post added at 18:12 ---------- Previous post was at 18:06 ----------

sorry about the swearing,but ive had a tough nite and day and even just thinking about what my daughter went through puts me into a rage!!!

Yes it does put you in a rage. Those girls sound really evil I just wander what their mothers are like. It takes a lot of scraming and stamping of feet to get heard at these schools. I bet if it was their kids (the teachers ) they wouldn't ingnore it. I can be a bit shy and reserved but when it come to my children that is another matter. lol.

I have had a few panicy feelings just the body stuff it is funny it seems when you sit down it comes on. I have just dropped my daughter off at her flat and I have got just a teeny weeny glass of red wine to watch the soaps lol.

I hope you get a better nights sleep. And I sence from reading the posts today a few have had a few blips lets hope tomorrow is a better and relaxed day for them.

Cathy xx

yes you too cathy x and a small glass of wine wont do you any harm so enjoy xx
    sleep well everyone

Sat 7th Jan 2012
    tossed and turned till 1am,slept till 3;30am then 7;30 ,bit better than night before,but had headache and sweating again....god, this is a long road
    did feel more upbeat last night though,went to my Mums,even though i was tired and couldnt be bothered.......i made myself be bothered....glad i did
    hope everyone has a good day today x

Sun 8th Jan 2012
    Had a good day yesterday,did some ironing,shopping,cleaning and didnt have that 'oh i cant be bothered ' feeling all day (just in the morning,lol) I dont feel a massive change,but something's happening.....i feel a bit brighter...more normal,relaxed
    still struggling with sleep,(tossed and turned till 2;45am) awoke at 5;30....but stayed in bed until 10;30 just to get the few extra hours I need.
    taking my tablet about teatime instead of late at night,might try taking it in the morning again and start drinking Horlicks again at night

Hi chicken, glad you had a good day yesterday (I spent most of day in bed to get comfortable and try to relax). I finally bit the bullet as it were and took 20mg of my Seroxat. I think I've realised that to start feeling the benefits of my meds, I MUST take the minimum theraputic dose (as someone on another thread described doctors underprescribing Pregabalin and therefore people using it get all the side effects and none of the benefits, by my own under medicating, the same thing is happening - all side effects, and very few benefits).

I feel like I'm lifting out of this "blip", but I had to really force myself into town with husband and daughter today, but I'm glad I did otherwise I would have spent the day doing nothing again, which does nothing to lift my mood after being stuck in a "funk" for a couple of days.

Seeing GP tomorrow morning (should probably have booked an afternoon appointment instead), so will have a good chat with her and see how much longer she thinks I should persevere before thinking of swapping to something else.

Yes,I think you,ve hit the nail on the head there....you need to take the theraputic dose,otherwise,whats the point in the low dose,only to feel lousy...
    and the 'really forcing yourself' to do things IS going to help in the long run.
    I just keep remembering what my Mum and the doctor said about not relying on meds alone.......and helping yourself as well.
    some light exercise and forcing yourself to do things (I suppose thats part of the turnaround in negative thinking......instead of saying..."I cant be bothered......" say...."yes,I will do it,get it out the way..."
    I did some more ironing this morning and it just feels so good to be in control of my house again,instead of letting everything get on top of me and feeling like i was in a big hole........i still have moments of doubt creeping in,but I expect those alone the way
    I can see some light at the end of the tunnel

I have a morning appt too ....routine bloods.....hopefully will show my HG level is normal
    There,s no way I can be aneamic now....no periods for 6 months and eating lots of veg!!!
    let me know how you get on tomorrow x

Page 12 of 32 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread Information