Page 2 of 32 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: diary of a fluoxetine user

Re: diary of a fluoxetine user

You're not alone! My side effects have kicked in week 3 and I'm really suffering :-(

Panicky, heightened anxiety, can't leave the house, ringing in my ears, broken sleep . . .

I've totally lost faith. I will persevere though and hopefully come out of the other side.

Keep posting.

Have either of you tried taking them at a different time of day? The first time I took my AD years ago, I started off taking it in the morning and the side effects were terrible, so I swapped to taking them at night after my dinner and the improvement was almost instant.

i think i,ll try that.....ive literally had no sleep for 3 days....if i have another bad night tonight im gunna ring docs about taking half a zopiclone.....i have never had a sleeper before,but im just soooo tired

Mon 12th Dec; better nights sleep....still tossed and turned for hours but i went to bed early knowing this.....had about 5 hrs kip,but awoke feeling very jittery and weird....no tingly feeling though.A few cups of tea and a forced piece of toast and i feel half human.

Quote Originally Posted by sickandtired View Post
    Sun 11th Dec; feeling absolutely abysmal due to this cold,not sleeping at all.Feeling better through the day,if I keep busy,but nighttime is hell.Tingling in my chest and arms again,feel panicky when I awake from a paltry hours sleep....still got nausea,Im so tired and utterly fed up
    Perhaps you should ask your doctor for some Diazapam just to take as required - I took the odd one when at a real low and they do help

I would but,Im already on propranalol and blood pressure tablets....plus mini pill....and the odd cocodamol for back pain....jesus I should be rattling!!!

13th Dec Tue
    Woke up early hours feeling dreadful again,been swallowing all night,headache,dont feel right at all.
    Still panicking about going to my friends...why? she,s my best friend,has been since we were 13.Is it because I told her about the panic attacks and am now embarrassed?
    dropped my youngest off at school and decide to go home back to bed.....what then? lie there...panicking.....about panicking??
    get a grip' i tell myself....put my coat back on get in the car to go to my friends,lock door,change my mind,unlock door,take coat back off.....then i remembered my other friend (who's suffered with PA's) saying,sometimes you just got to go for it.......nothing bad will happen....you wont die
    'whats the worst that can happen? 'I tell myself... if i have an attack....tough....she's my friend....she wont laugh?!! she will be genuinely concerned.
    So I get in the car and go.....
    I arrive,flustered but remember to breath.....she makes me a cup of tea and we have a nice chat and go into town shopping.No panic attack,....I survive.We even have a laugh about me always being ill!
    Come home and still not feeling right....mouth dry..(SE?) headache,blocked sinus',itchy earhole,really horrible head cold ....this cant all be side effects of fluoxetine??? I look in the mirror at my mouth....all coated in white.mmmm thats not a side effect.
    Luckily I am near a minor ailments drop in centre (I can never get in my docs anyway) so I go and see their Doc.
    I have Tonsilitis!!! OMG! I have not had hardly any sleep for 5 nights.....perhpas when these antibiotics kick in,I might actually feel normal...whatever that is !

Seeeee! I bet you've just not been very well! In a weird kind of way, that's good! So maybe you haven't had many side effects? Keep that In mind, it might make you more confident

Keep posting.

I know!! feel better knowing that i was genuinly ill and not goin nutty,lol
    kids have just said 'omg mum,youre ALWAYS ill!!"

hope you are ok Mallan xx

14th Dec Wed; yet another bad nights sleep,taking the fluoxetine at night rather than in the morning doesnt seem to make much difference for me,but as I also have tonsilitis,I cant really judge whats causing this terrible insomnia...Im lucky if i get 4 hours
    Mornings truly are awful,had that terrible tingling sensation in my arms and head again...I just wanted to cry,but I MUST remind myself.....its just SE 's!!!!
    Feel so lousy my hubby has to take our youngest to school.I try and get another hours sleep,get up have a bath......all that sweating through the night,i bet i dont smell very nice at all!!!
    Its coming up to noon and Ive forced a sandwich down and a cup of tea.My Mum is coming round

---------- Post added at 13:49 ---------- Previous post was at 12:02 ----------

tingling in my arms enough to make me cry out,omg stop it!! my mum looks on helplessly and says it will get better,give the tablets time.She does understand,she,s been there....much worse....total breakdown.....god am i heading for the same??
    cant wait for kids to come home from school,take my mind of things......just cannot relax today,yet i am so tired....when will i feel better :((

Page 2 of 32 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread Information