Page 32 of 32 FirstFirst ... 22303132

Thread: diary of a fluoxetine user

Re: diary of a fluoxetine user

Personally the fact you are saying you are scared suggests to me you are not confident that you can cope without them. So I wouldn't come off them just yet my lovely x x

Hi Sick and Tired, I have stayed well but I would be scared to come off them, I think i am still too vunerable but you must do what you think is right for you, but remember how you were feeling and how far you have come so it is a big decision, have you discussed it with your doctor.

xxx

Quote Originally Posted by OncewasSupergirl View Post
    Personally the fact you are saying you are scared suggests to me you are not confident that you can cope without them. So I wouldn't come off them just yet my lovely x x
    thank you....you are right...what was I thinking......i dont want to come off them.i feel great....why rock the boat? the only reason for me wanting to come off them is because of my non existant libido....stupid really but i do miss bein 'sexy me' sometimes......

---------- Post added at 22:08 ---------- Previous post was at 22:02 ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Janine View Post
    Hi Sick and Tired, I have stayed well but I would be scared to come off them, I think i am still too vunerable but you must do what you think is right for you, but remember how you were feeling and how far you have come so it is a big decision, have you discussed it with your doctor.

xxx
    I mentioned it to a female doctor and she said to do it very gradually etc (its my 3rd time on AD's so I know the score).I also realise this time (the breakdown) was 100 times worse than the 1st and 2nd,which is why Im so reluctant to stop taking them
    I was thinking of changing to 'Wellbutrin' which apparantly doesnt have the same libido lowering effect that most SSRI's have.Im just not ready to come off them,I know that now.thank you for your reply x

You will know when you are ready, You have come so far and when I read your posts which helped me so much you were feeling so so bad and may be you need some more time of feeling like you do.

xx

Completely agree with Janine, you will know when you feel confident that you can do without them. Most people take AD's for at least 2 years I find before attempting withdrawal. Good luck x x

Page 32 of 32 FirstFirst ... 22303132

Thread Information