Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Time of year ? Or just me...

Time of year ? Or just me...

As some of you already know that I suffer with anxiety and getting out as I posted on here before about my severe anxiety.

I don't know if it's the time of year but I'm feeling so much more anxious and not myself, I feel like I've let the family down big time :/.

Everyday I'm indoors, staring at the same walls, feeling sorry for myself and feeling like I've let everyone down, I try and go out but I turn into panic, dizzy, sick and very anxious.

I was supposed to be having cbt November but got no appointment letter in the post yet :(, I can't wait to start but I'm petrified too :(.

So I'm getting really impatient and just want to be the old outgoing, cheerful jokey lad i used to be.

Has cbt completely changed your life and made you your old self ?, I need some hope or advice :( I would love someone that I could talk to, I've got no one at all

I'm on citalopram 10g but doubting them :/

Re: Time of year ? Or just me...

I can totally sympathize with how you are feeling. I have been there more than once and it is not fun. Sitting there watching life going on around you with no interest whatsoever in participating. Feeling like you want to get off the merry-go-round called life and get back on when you are feeling better. Not to mention feeling like you are letting others down because you are not "doing" for them as you "should" be.

I also know how frustrating it can be to be confined to your home...just the feeling of going out causes extreme anxiety. I can tell you from experience, that I made myself go out (with someone for support and sometimes alone) even when I did not feel or think I could do it. Yes, it was not easy, but after doing it, I felt really good about what I had done and it helped build my self-esteem for the next time.

Please do not ever give up!! You are a strong person and can get through this. I would be happy to talk with you about what is going on and try to help in anyway that I can. I have been suffering from anxiety cycles after for 15 years, and it is always nice to have someone to talk to about it that understands what you are feeling/going through. I leave you with this.....I don't know if you believe in God of not, but I have this posted and read it everyday at least once.

"Hello. Its Me Jesus. I will be handling your problems today. I will be in control and will carry your burdens so your problems will be handled. Enjoy your day and know you are blessed. My child you are never alone."

PS: I am on Lexapro 30 mg/day and currently taking lorazepam 0.5 mg twice a day to help me through this current anxiety cycle. I have been on an antidepressant for at least 10 years, and use lorazepam only as needed. How long have you been on the citalopram?

Praying for you.

The time of year definately does not help at all. I always start to feel worse in the winter and I think its because we are so confined to the house rather than outdoors so we have very little to do other than think too much!

Dont give up on the citalopram just yet... im on 40mg and after 3 months of taking them I soon noticed improvement!

It's not you! This time of year totally sucks. Between the pressure to be happy and have a great Christmas with the family and all the sickening Christmas adverts all around us reinforcing this message, I get severely p*ssed off around this time of year. I think for a lot of anxious or depressed people, it's not so easy to let go of difficulties and enjoy the festive times, the anxiety remains but we feel even worse because we struggle to have fun. Hang in there xxx

I'm dreading christmas, seeing everyone else happy makes me feel worse, all the couples and families and I still feel like a kid living at home even though I'm 30. I'm opting out of it all this year, I'm avoiding all the family get togethers because if I go I think it could tip me over the edge and make me do something terrible.

---------- Post added at 09:32 ---------- Previous post was at 09:30 ----------

Citalopram is making a slight difference to me, I'm on 20mg and I have just started CBT, so my anxiety is easing slightly but my general unhappyness is with me most of the time.

Quote Originally Posted by medtrans1067 View Post
    I can totally sympathize with how you are feeling. I have been there more than once and it is not fun. Sitting there watching life going on around you with no interest whatsoever in participating. Feeling like you want to get off the merry-go-round called life and get back on when you are feeling better. Not to mention feeling like you are letting others down because you are not "doing" for them as you "should" be.

I also know how frustrating it can be to be confined to your home...just the feeling of going out causes extreme anxiety. I can tell you from experience, that I made myself go out (with someone for support and sometimes alone) even when I did not feel or think I could do it. Yes, it was not easy, but after doing it, I felt really good about what I had done and it helped build my self-esteem for the next time.

Please do not ever give up!! You are a strong person and can get through this. I would be happy to talk with you about what is going on and try to help in anyway that I can. I have been suffering from anxiety cycles after for 15 years, and it is always nice to have someone to talk to about it that understands what you are feeling/going through. I leave you with this.....I don't know if you believe in God of not, but I have this posted and read it everyday at least once.

"Hello. Its Me Jesus. I will be handling your problems today. I will be in control and will carry your burdens so your problems will be handled. Enjoy your day and know you are blessed. My child you are never alone."

PS: I am on Lexapro 30 mg/day and currently taking lorazepam 0.5 mg twice a day to help me through this current anxiety cycle. I have been on an antidepressant for at least 10 years, and use lorazepam only as needed. How long have you been on the citalopram?

Praying for you.
    you make so much sense to me. im going to wait for cbt then throw myself out into the open.

What make you stay out when you went out with someone ? i find myself trying to get home asap and i worry that i wont be able to make it home

Yes i do believe in god, And that quote

Is going to be printed off and put on my wall . Thank you.
    How much do your tablets help you ?

---------- Post added at 12:50 ---------- Previous post was at 12:49 ----------

Quote Originally Posted by sar0417 View Post
    The time of year definately does not help at all. I always start to feel worse in the winter and I think its because we are so confined to the house rather than outdoors so we have very little to do other than think too much!

Dont give up on the citalopram just yet... im on 40mg and after 3 months of taking them I soon noticed improvement!
    ive been on it for longer than 4 months, and its helped but not much, should i see my gp if i can make it there ?. What other dosages was you on before 40mg?

---------- Post added at 12:51 ---------- Previous post was at 12:50 ----------

Quote Originally Posted by goldilockz View Post
    It's not you! This time of year totally sucks. Between the pressure to be happy and have a great Christmas with the family and all the sickening Christmas adverts all around us reinforcing this message, I get severely p*ssed off around this time of year. I think for a lot of anxious or depressed people, it's not so easy to let go of difficulties and enjoy the festive times, the anxiety remains but we feel even worse because we struggle to have fun. Hang in there xxx
    Yeah i agree, the adverts and everyone being joyful and me not is really getting me down, I just want to be more involved and going to the christmas partys but cant at the moment

---------- Post added at 12:54 ---------- Previous post was at 12:51 ----------

Quote Originally Posted by theharvestmouse View Post
    I'm dreading christmas, seeing everyone else happy makes me feel worse, all the couples and families and I still feel like a kid living at home even though I'm 30. I'm opting out of it all this year, I'm avoiding all the family get togethers because if I go I think it could tip me over the edge and make me do something terrible.

---------- Post added at 09:32 ---------- Previous post was at 09:30 ----------

Citalopram is making a slight difference to me, I'm on 20mg and I have just started CBT, so my anxiety is easing slightly but my general unhappyness is with me most of the time.
    you sound so much like me!, are you still having Christmas dinner altogether ?, i find it very awkward all sitting round staring at each other

What dose was you on before 20mg ?..

Whats the first sessions of CBT like ?, Im very scared about starting it but very excited too, just to feel a tiny bit "normal" would be lovely

Quote Originally Posted by danbryn View Post

Yeah i agree, the adverts and everyone being joyful and me not is really getting me down, I just want to be more involved and going to the christmas partys but cant at the moment

The thing is, these people are being PAID to appear happy and joyful, this is not real life for a lot of people. I don't have one friend who doesn't dread Christmas because of how we're MEANT to feel. A couple of years ago I worked on Christmas day as a counsellor for alcoholic people who had no family or whose family had nothing to do with them. It really showed me that there are far more people than you realise that despise Christmas and this time of year is very painful for many. xx

How do you put someone else's quote and then put your reply to it? Very cool.

Quote Originally Posted by medtrans1067 View Post
    How do you put someone else's quote and then put your reply to it? Very cool.
    All you have to do is press the QUOTE button on the right-hand side of the person's post.

Quote Originally Posted by goldilockz View Post
    All you have to do is press the QUOTE button on the right-hand side of the person's post.
    Thanks goldilockz.....Let's see if this works.

I did it right, it worked!!!! Thanks so much!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information