Thread: Nearly 3 weeks in - no improvement yet?

Nearly 3 weeks in - no improvement yet?

3 weeks tomorrow on Mitrazapine 15g. No improvement just tiredness and feeling like face has set in concrete. Two weeks also on 10mg Noritryptline for migraines which was upped to 20mg on Friday. Have been very weepy and head feels like a pressure cooker. Everything feeling very bleak.

Is this increased anxiety etc to do with increase in Noritryptline do you think? GP said I should start to feel better after 2 weeks Mitrazapine but I'm feeling worse. Doesn't want to see me for another 3 weeks...

Re: Nearly 3 weeks in - no improvement yet?

Hi Eden.eden,

I cannot comment on the Nortriptyline but thought I would share my experience on Mirtazapine with you. I have been on Mirtazapine now since July. Started on 30mg and was very drowsy most of the first few days and gradually that reduced so that I was drowsy an hour or so after taking them before bed. Unfortunately antidepressents all take time to work-I suddenly started feeling like I could cope again after a few months-others have felt better sooner-we're all different! Seeing your Dr about 4-5 weeks after starting seems about right -trust your Dr-they have seen it all before many times. If you feel you need to see your Dr sooner then I would give them a call.

It will get better..

Thanks. I just need to keep hearing 'it WILL be better...'

Hi I have been taking mirtazapine for three years at 45mg. It does take a while for you to feel any benefit from it. Four to six weeks minimum. 15mg is a very low dose. 30mg-45mg is the usual therapeutic dose. 15mg might help in terms of sleep. Some people do very well on low doses combined with other drugs. I was previously on mitt with dothuiepin now off that and on lithium as well. Some people do suffer increased anxiety whilst taking mitt. It might be an idea to ask your doctor about this. EJ

First off I tried Citalopram and had a really bad physical reaction to one pill so we started off low on this one as I seem to react strongly to medication.

I am having the odd good day but then next day seem to dip to a very anxious weepy day.

My GP said if no improvement will up to 30mg in New Year. Does that mean it will take another 4-6 weeks to feel the effect???

Thread Information