Thread: 5-HTP

5-HTP

Hey guys!
    So I was wondering out of curiosity if anyone has tried the above tablets? In case people don't know they're supposed to be a natural substitute to AD's, bought from holland and barrat they're some amino acid which helps the body naturally create more serotonin in turn helping with low mood, sleep problems and weight problems (although I've had little luck with the last one!)
    I think that pretty much sums up what they are anyway, there isn't too much about them out there.
    I read about them in a book a woman wrote on how she overcame depression (depression can be fun by Helen Mcnallen, quite an uplifting read in parts)
    Anywho, I've been taking this 5-htp now for about a month and a half or so, just one 50mg tablet before bed, I find they knock me out somewhat (without side effects waking up, excellent!) however they seem to be working a treat, I have bad days and odd blips, but they seem to be working better than anything I was ever prescribed, I don't feel stuck in a fog of medication, I just feel, well, normal!

Anyway I was wondering if anyone had taken them as like I said there's little about them on the interweb and I don't really know what I can/can't take with them, all I've seen is to be careful with alcohol and not to take antihystamines, but I'm not sure why?! Does anyone have any more info on them?

Failing that, if anyone thinks they might help, I definitely recommend them 100%!

Re: 5-HTP

Glad they're working for you...they did nothing for me except give me headaches and nosebleeds. Never noticed a problem taking alcohol though.
    Good luck.

Re: 5-HTP

Thanks for that, might be able to have a cheeky little drink on new year now

Thread Information