Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I dont know what to do!

I dont know what to do!

hey
    I havn't posted many posts!but i have a problem.....Im starting college next week after having a gap year from school and im sooo scared. At the beginning of my last year of a-levels 2years ago i started having my panic attacks i can remember it so well,the 6th of sept 2001 my doc put me on seroxat,i suffered terrible side effects and it was the worst couple of weeks of my life. Things have got better but i relapse now and again (like Now)I know i should just get on with it but im so worried its affecting everything so i feel worse!
    Argh!:(
    Jen84 x

Hi Jen84
    Have you tried using self hypnosis to control your attack? It's taken me a while but I can manage an attack if I use the technique. I went to see a hypnotherapist and he taught me the techniques to help you relax and calm yourself down. I still get attacks out of the blue and suffer some anxiety, but it's a lot easier havinga strategy to help deal with it.
    This site is helpful as well because you realise you're not on your own. I had the same side effects on seroxat as well and the doctor virtually told me I was imagining it, so it's good to know I'm not the only one.
    You'll get through this!
    Good luck
    Trudy

hi jen84
    you are doing so well,dont worry you can do this,no problem ,its when you worry all day thats when the panic attacks get you ,you will be fine
    bish

hey thanks
    I did it! i survived the first week, it was really hard but my teachers and everyone around me were great! I have a placement away from college this week so its another challedge but im sure i can do it!
    wohoo!im really happy if i can do it anyone can! x

Hiya Jen

I am so pleased to hear that you did ok :-)

Keep up those positive thoughts and you will be fine.

Well done!

Nicola

Thanks Nicola
    Its so nice how much support there is on this board! x

Hi Jen84 - I am in a similar situation! In may 2002, I had to defer my university course, because I was suffering with panic attacks, and I believe, looking back, mild depression.

I have had several attempts in completing my outstanding university work, but the memories of may 2002 and the following months, still haunt me. I sooooooooo badly want to finish - just to close that chapter of my life really but it is very very hard! I am trying again now to complete it!

Good on you thou Jen - keep going with college.

Jo xxx

ps. Maybe we could give each other some moral support - feel free to e-mail.

CONGRATULATIONS, Jen = You're doing great! [image]http://www.harrythecat.com/graphics/w/cheerld1.gif[/image]

HI FROM PEANUT!

Aww thanks!
    Peanut-i love your little pictures!
    Jo-I hope things are ok with ur course! back at you about moral support email me if u want as well!its nice to know im not the only who finds it so hard!Jen x

hi jen84
    know the feeling ,ive just gone back too college this week,all new people in the class,want too hang my friends for not being there this week,trying too remember all new names with out making a fool of myself as well as work,and bringing up a family and yes the christmas shopping too do very soon as its only 16weeks till then.
    bish

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information