Thread: Is my anxiety back?

Is my anxiety back?

Hello everybody!

Not too sure what to write, so bare with me.

Probably about 5 years ago, i got a tight chest and found it difficult to breath, so went to GP and had an ECG etc, and he said it was anxiety. So after i knew i wasn't going to die, i relaxed and it went away!!

Skip to present day...

About 2.30am this morning i woke up with a pain right in the center of my chest (sort of like a tight muscle) but when i sat upright, the pain disappeared. I touched it where the pain was and it was a bit sore. So i laid in bed for a while and watched some funny clips on YouTube to take my mind off it. Eventually got back to sleep and woke up with a tight chest (more so the left side) and found it a bit hard to breath (The soreness in my chest had gone).. So i think my anxiety is back???

This past week i have been kinda nervous and i guess that has caused some stress. I'm joining the Royal Navy and last week i was given my start date, so i guess it has finally dawned on me!

To be honest, im not to sure what im after by writing this post.... I guess some reassurance that im not going to die again!

Thanks for reading!!

EDIT: Forgot to add, I had been doing press-ups the day before, So i guess it could be due to that aswell??
    Last edited by slimmjimm; 13-12-11 at 17:31.

Re: Is my anxiety back?

Hi EmmerLooeez, thanks for the reply.

Yea, I think I do know its just my anxiety coming back... I guess I just needed someone else to confirm it

With the Navy, Im a bit anxious about that. Its going to be a major life change for me, so I am worrying a bit about it.

At the moment I'm feeling OK. The tightness has eased off but my appetite has gone a bit. Didn't really eat my of my tea. But from my previous experience, I know this is part of it.

Thanks for your help. X !!!!!!

Re: Is my anxiety back?

Oh no! I hope your feeling better now.

To be honest I have no idea how I do it. I guess I just convinced myself that it felt a bit like last time and nothing bad happened then, so this time MUST be the same!! It was just that initial twinge got that me worried..

Take care x
    Last edited by slimmjimm; 14-12-11 at 09:59.

Thread Information