Thread: Would Increasing Dose Help?

Would Increasing Dose Help?

Hi All
    I have been on 10mg per day of Cipralex and most of the time takes the edge of the anxiety.
    To say its been a tough few months is an understatement.
    My dad had a massive stroke a year ago, after 16 weeks in hospital we had to move him to a care home (lets not start on that one). Unfortunately he passed away at the end of August.
    Then last Friday my step dad died from cancer.
    I've manage my anxiety quite well, but I always seem to find this time of year difficult with my anxiety creeping back towards christmas, but with the added stress of the above, I have a low-level of constant anxiety.
    I was thinking of going to see my GP and increasing my dose for a few weeks, to see if this helps.
    Thoughts please.
    Mike

Re: Would Increasing Dose Help?

Hi mike, sorry you have had such a rough time, i would speak to your gp before increasing your dose, although 10mg is a very low dose, so maybe an increase would help you cope at this sad time, take care x

Cipralex has only 2 doses 10mg and 20mg so perhaps it would be worth increasing for awhile

Joy

Hi Mike,

Sorry to hear of the hardship you have experienced. It is tough especailly with anxiety giving your grief as well.

I find Cipralex isn't a fast acting drug, so the increase could be for more than a few weeks...but hey if helps whats the harm. Please talk to your Doctor though before increasing.

Also have you tried any grief counselling? It is human to feel down when you lose loved ones, you need a time to mourn them....just something to consider.

Christmas can bum a lot of people out, coupled with shorter days and less sunlight....try taking some additional vitamin D as well.....

Hope this helps, take care. Please talk to your doctor.

Hi
    Thanks for the replies - Doctor is increasing the Cipralex to 20mg and giving me 2mg of Diazepam to help this week.
    I know when this week is over, things will calm down. Funeral Thursday and then Christmas to content with.
    Regards
    Mike

Be mindful that increasing from 10 to 20mg could increase your anxiety for a while. You may want to discuss with gp upping to 15mg to start with. That's my pdoc's advice if I ever feel the need to increase from 10mg. He feels that 15mg is often all it takes and no reason to be on more than you need.
    Food for thought.

Thread Information