Thread: congestion for 7 weeks , very worried

congestion for 7 weeks , very worried

Hi everyone , I'm new to the forum ,
    I've had a cold about 7 weeks ago and since then in the morning I have nasal congestion when I wake up and sneeze a lot , when I get up it seems to clear after an hour or so . This has been going on since the cold . I think I have some congestion behind my eyes too .
    I'm worried I have lupus ( an auto immune disease )
    My nan died of this. 6years ago and I stupidly googled the causes of lupus and one cause could be genetic and now I'm convinced this is a symptom of lupus.

I've had HA for 8 years now . I'm I just allowing my HA to rule my head or should I be worried
    Thanks in advance

---------- Post added at 22:06 ---------- Previous post was at 21:58 ----------

Sorry , I meant , congestion behind my ears not eyes : )

Re: congestion for 7 weeks , very worried

Best thing to do would be to go see you Doctor and get it checked out..... Then you can go from there, try not to worry too much, I suspect it's cold over there too which means colds and that hang around a fair bit!

Quote Originally Posted by cocohac View Post

I've had HA for 8 years now . I'm I just allowing my HA to rule my head
    You`ve just answered your own question. How old are you if you don`t mind me asking? I`m going to guess a long way off the age of your nan.

It doesn't sound like it's anything to worry about, i think everyone's sick at the minute, but 7 weeks is a long time for a cold to linger nonetheless, a trip to your GP wouldn't go a miss just to be on the safe side

If it's only for an hour after you wake up, I have a hard time thinking it's anything serious. Do you smoke? That can cause morning congestion. So can allergies. Sleeping on a feather pillow? Maybe it's something in your bed or bedroom.

I have had congestion for a while as well. Probably similar amount of time as you but feel ok otherwise. If it is just in the morning, it could be caused by dry air from heaters in the winter time or air conditioners in the summer time. All of these dry your nasal passages and then you have congestion to make up for it. I wouldn't worry if it is just when you wake up.

Thread Information