Thread: Citalopram for anxiety 20mg up to 40mg??

Citalopram for anxiety 20mg up to 40mg??

Anyone have any experience with this? I've been on 20mg for about 6 months and I generally felt great! Over the past 3 weeks I've had a huge increase in anxiety and intrusive thoughts especially about things in he news such as Gary speed and all these mothers and father killing there children!! Gives me a huge surge of anxiety and I start to fear that I am goin to end up like these people!! Anyway I went to docs today expecting to be increased to maybe 25 mg or maybe even 30mg but he has put me straight up to 40mg!! Does anyone have any experience of this and is this normal? I am only 22 and 5ft 6 and weigh about 9 stone is this not a huge dose for me? Should I expect side effects?? I'm terrified of goin mad so I'm scared to take the 40mg as you hear so many horror stories!! Any help appreciated!!! Xx

Re: Citalopram for anxiety 20mg up to 40mg??

Hi yes it does seem to be a big jump, but maybe he is trying to get them into your system quickly, i have been as high as 60mg but it was way too high, why not go up to 30mg for a while and see how you settle on that, it might be enough to settle tou down again, take care x

I actually feel alot less anxious now that I know I have the option? Sounds really silly! Thanks for coming back to me though it's appreciated xxx

hi, id try 30mg for a week hun and see how u get on, u can always up to 40mg at a later stage if 30 doesn't have enough effect, i take 30mg and only had heightened anxiety for a few days when i upped from 20 to 30, good luck xx

Thread Information