Thread: Agoraphobia or ???

Agoraphobia or ???

I am not classily agoraphobic in that I don’t have panic attacks when I am out and I drive long distances to walk nature trails. But I am always highly agitated and have extremely sensitized nerves so if I go into a store my raw nerves get worse and I start to come apart - but no panic. So for 4 years I have not shopped unless compelled to go to Home Depot to get something I had to, to fix the house.

I just found out that we have a nationally famous panic/anxiety/agoraphobia about 10 miles away. She wont do phone or home work so I have to go there. This scares the crap out of me but she says not going out just imbeds the anxiety more and make is worse.

Love everyone's thoughts

Re: Agoraphobia or ???

Hi,
    I think you do have some sort of agoraphobia as you avoid going to certain places , and just because you don't feel like you panicking as such, you obviously getting some symptoms which disturbs you to the point you avoiding going to store. But this person is right it will get worse the longer you leave it so if you can get help now you should go for it.

Thread Information