Thread: Should I Give This Med Another Chance?

Should I Give This Med Another Chance?

So I've been thinking of going back on mirt after having a really bad time on paroxetine. Paroxetine, like Citalopram are both SSRIs and I'm convinced that these types of meds make me feel worse because of all the horrible side effects. A few months ago, I stopped taking mirt after increasing my dose from 15 mg to 30 mg because I started to feel increased anxiety.

Looking back on this time, I think it was more dealing with the death of two family members that set off this symptom, not the medication. When I first tried mort, I was surprised that the only side effects I experienced were drowsiness and increased appetite. It was nothing like the nausea, dry heaving, shaking and panic attacks that I experienced with the other two meds.

Has anyone here ever gone back to mirt after giving up on them? Was the second attempt pretty much the same in terms of side effects? Just hoping to hear some experiences from anyone who gave this med a second chance. Oh and I forgot to add, I was on them for almost 2 1/2 months before I quit. Thanks for reading!

Re: Should I Give This Med Another Chance?

um I tried a few SSRIs, the first time was great , really helped my depression and anxiety up until the doctor increased the dose, then it gave me the shakes. I tried to restart on a lower dose but no luck there. It was a shame that it was helping so I don't get why doctors always want to up the dose.
    I do think you should give it another try, but go up in teeny doses, 15 to 30 seems like a big jump.

Thread Information