Thread: nosebleed, something smelled like petrol

nosebleed, something smelled like petrol

I had another nosebleed today (after having had one two days ago). I have pharyngitis and it's winter so that may account for it. But what bothers me is that just now I smelled a petrol smell right before it started. Does that mean something? Nothing immediately came up when I googled it.
    Is there anything to watch out for in a nosebleed? Please don't tell me what underlying illnesses it could be symptomatic of (there goes my winter...), but is there something to watch out for because it basically warrants medical attention?
    Also, I was cleaning my room at the time so I'm really really hoping a weird smell was just coincidentally unearthed just before the bleeding started. Maybe dust even triggered it? But please be honest if smelling (nonexistent) petrol is a bad sign.

Thanks so much.

Re: nosebleed, something smelled like petrol

Probably just one of those things but strange smells and a tendency to nose bleeds could mean a little infection in your nose or sinus area. If it were sinus there's probably be a whole nightmare of pain and if it were nose there'd probably be crustiness and itching / soreness too. Just something to bear in mind if it doesn't just clear up of its own accord.

Thread Information