Page 18 of 20 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 LastLast

Thread: Make a new email Pen Pal

Re: Make a new email Pen Pal

Hi everyone I'm Ruth, 41 years old and from Middlesbrough. I suffer with depression, anxiety and panic and have lost my hair. I would love to make some penpals or MSN friends. I'm a good listener and like animals, music, crafts, tv, reading - bit of all sorts really. I am a very shy person but have a good sense of humour and would be a loyal friend. Please get in touch with me and I promise i will reply. It would be lovely to be in touch with people who understand because of my problems I have become a bit isolated because I kept making too many excuses not to go places or do things and sometimes feel lonely now. Hope to hear from you :-)

Hi everyone, my name is Tina and I'm from Northern Ireland. I'm 37 and divorced a16 year old daughter and a 14 year old son. I work full time which is tough at the minute and don't go out very much, usually stay in with a good book and my 14 month old boxer dog Samson lol. I don't have any brothers or sisters, and have a few good friends who are supportive but you'll know what I mean when I say it's not the same as having people who understand. I have suffered with depression and anxiety, brought on my PMDD for about two years would love to have a penpal. If anyone would like to get in touch please do, maybe we can support each other and cheer each other up.
    Lots of love
    Tina x

Smile Re: Make a new email Pen Pal

Quote Originally Posted by Pianogirl View Post
    Hi everyone I'm Ruth, 41 years old and from Middlesbrough. I suffer with depression, anxiety and panic and have lost my hair. I would love to make some penpals or MSN friends. I'm a good listener and like animals, music, crafts, tv, reading - bit of all sorts really. I am a very shy person but have a good sense of humour and would be a loyal friend. Please get in touch with me and I promise i will reply. It would be lovely to be in touch with people who understand because of my problems I have become a bit isolated because I kept making too many excuses not to go places or do things and sometimes feel lonely now. Hope to hear from you :-)
    Ruth,

There is another member from M'boro on site - she's a lovely person - can be reached as Crazywoman but can promise you she's far from that!!

If you want a chat some time or just to explore a conversation via email
    then you can get me at stuart_hellen@hotmail.com I know just how isolated you feel and can sympathise with your need for a penpal - which was the reason I kept the scheme going when it began to lose out to the networking sites. Mystically yours Take care xxx

Smile Re: Make a new email Pen Pal

Quote Originally Posted by Eternity View Post
    Hi everyone, my name is Tina and I'm from Northern Ireland. I'm 37 and divorced a16 year old daughter and a 14 year old son. I work full time which is tough at the minute and don't go out very much, usually stay in with a good book and my 14 month old boxer dog Samson lol. I don't have any brothers or sisters, and have a few good friends who are supportive but you'll know what I mean when I say it's not the same as having people who understand. I have suffered with depression and anxiety, brought on my PMDD for about two years would love to have a penpal. If anyone would like to get in touch please do, maybe we can support each other and cheer each other up.
    Lots of love
    Tina x
    Hi there,

If you don't mind talking or mailing an old guy who can be a bit grouchy at times due to having a sleep disorder and night terrors - feel free to email me at stuart_hellen@hotmail.com

One of the reasons I didn't let the penpal scheme die was that from time to time there are people like yourself who need others if only for a grumble. I used to be an avid reader - took my degree in literature and was a writer myself so I know how a good book can be a great comfort but it's not the same as chatting to another person. My msn is the same address if you are on messenger at live or Yahoo. Look forward to your responses ... Stuart xx Take Care Tina .

Hi if anyone wants to chat/compare notes feel free to drop me a line, I suffer from manic depression thats pretty much under control but the Agoraphobia is bad with a hint of paranoia .. oh I'm 48, married with 3 great girls, I like music, i test computer software which isn't good if you have Agoraphobia and anything that involves 2 wheels and large engines.
    I live in county Durham, someone has to I guess lol
    I have a good sense of humour, I think we need to, I've done enough strange things over the last 10 years to write a novel lol
    I'm not fussed if you are male or female, I probably talk better with women, I've never been much good at the male bonding thing, I hate football, any sport that involves breaking into a sweat, don't drink so that usually puts the dampeners on guy chat lol

I don't use msn or chatrooms.. I kinda got myself in trouble once

Hey everyone, I'm a 19 year old college student living at home in Essex and starting to recover from general anxiety (still have a few wobbles). I too don't get out much as I moved to Essex after finishing school and go to college 20 miles away from home so it makes 'popping over' to people quite awkward. I'm just looking for people to chat to who understand my situation, even though I must say my friends are massively understanding.
    My email/msn is shinderuko@hotmail.co.uk if anyone wants to get in touch.
    Brogan x

Hi. My name is Trace. I'm 42, married with a 12 year old son. I live in Warwickshire. I've been treated for depression for 11 years but if I'm honest its been going on a lot longer than that. I have panic attacks and days when I can't face leaving the house. The merry go round of drugs has nearly driven me bats. The last 18 months things have changed. My mood swings have become off the wall. They have now diagnosed me with chronic depression and pychosis and are putting me onto mirtazipine to start with, then talking about adding to it.
    Every time I hear the song 'The drugs don't work,' I snigger.
    I need to try to get the depression under control before dealing with anything else, one thing at a time. Oh and I think my doctor hates me as I have been a bloody nuisance to him.
    I was a jeweller for 22 years until opthalmic shingles scarred my left eye and I couldn't see to work and I guess that's what kicked this off really.
    Keep in touch, Tx

hi im linda a single parent with a 16 year old who is my career and have agrophobia and panic attacks would like people to contact me in simular situation as have no other help my email is lin.gem.2@live.co.uk
    Last edited by linda.floyd; 19-05-11 at 00:22. Reason: forgot email

Hi to all you MAY posters,

Mystical here - you can check out my email on my reply in APRIL to Ruth; Knowing that someone - and that 'someone' might be any one of you new posters - is in need of a friend to chat to by email, is today's equivalent of yesteryear's Penpals; ppl nowadays either don't wish to or are reluctant to, communicate in good old snail mail letters... yet there is so much to be said between 'real pen-friends' that either aren't or for whatever reason cannot be said in emails.... oftne because an email is too short or because the crux of an issue can't really be explained or shared in such a manner. So next time you feel like putting pen to paper do so - one way is to practice by writing to a neighbour or a friend who visits and knows you well; this gets you past that - 'I can't put a letter together' kind of feeling for reason that you will already have done so safely and one would hope found the recipient of the letter helpful or even congratulating you on your efforts. That feeling is so good... you just can't help but want to feel it again and again as your confidence builds from low esteem to average worth and lasting value of one's new abilities to connect with the outside world. Never push - but nudging is one way of getting yourself out of the habit of feeling satisfied with phone texts ot emails. Welcome to the NMP Penpal gang.... Stuart Hellen nr Nottingham... United Kingdom.... Enjoy the experience... and get writing... okay? Best of all that there is in the way of encouragment and newly found self-belief.... Mystically yours,,,,,

I would love an email penpal my address is <removed by admin as not advisable>
    I am 20 years old and have suffered with panic attacks since I was 15 years of age.. I am much better than I was back then but they're always there..
    So message me be nice to have someone to talk to xx
    Last edited by nomorepanic; 14-10-11 at 22:24.

Page 18 of 20 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 LastLast

Thread Information