Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Moral support during the first few weeks?

Re: Moral support during the first few weeks?

Hi ladies,

Any advice would be much appreciated.

OK, so here's where I am. Citalopram is definitley not working for me anymore.

I had a two week stint on Sertraline, but whilst it made me feel a little bright, the weight just pilled on. And so quickly too, it was scarey.

So, i've been back on the citalopram for 3 weeks. Felt OK when i first went on them but that was probalby because I still had the sertraline still in my system.

So the past week has been horrible, I’ve really dipped. Anxious, tearful, doom & gloom that feeling when your stomach churns all the time, hopelessness, everything is grey etc etc.

I have a prescription for Fluoxetine but really worried about starting them because of the heightened anxiety that seem to be the trend when you first go on them. I am due to go to Goa on February 18th with friends. That’s only a week away. If I start the Flux tomorrow, I’m really worried I won’t be in any fit state to get on a plane next week. BUT, if I carry on with the citalopram, things may also get worst. I feel like I’m getting worst each day.

What would you ladies advise me to do? Keep in the citalopram and hope that the sunshine might lift my mood when I am away? I’m beginning to feel at a total loss.

Its like i just can not be bothered to do anything. I've not thought about the holiday at all because all i'm thinking about is how crap i feel . :-( I just want to feel happy again

Im no expert but I would stay on the cit.....I wouldnt risk starting a new AD yet
    I found a difference in each week,(though im on fluoxetine) so it may just kick in around the time you go on your hols.Try and get lots of rest BEFORE you go away.
    I bet the sun does make a difference too....think about the positives of the holiday.....lots of rest,sight seeing,sun,good food etc,get in the pool and swim each day,even just a few lengths .....exercise always lifts me (though I hate boring gyms
    I really think good sleep and being outside can dramatically change your mood
    hope you have a nice relaxing holiday xx

yes i think you're right. I'll stay on it until i get back. I've been on it for over 4 years (apart from the 2 weeks on sertraline) its just not doing what it should anymore for me.

I'm on 40mg.

Yes, the sun will have an uplifing effect I'm sure and also, i plan to do lots of exercise so hopefully that'll also lift my mood.

Anyway, thank you for the advice. I'm finding this site really helpful

youre welcome
    yes,i love this site,it has helped me understand so much about myself,Im sure I wouldnt be where I am now without it xx

I'm now on day 21 and haven't posted an update for a while because there hasn't been much change!
    The nausea and headaches subsided though I still get one occasionally. I'm still feeling agitated.
    I get really tired but have trouble dropping off. I wake up early in a morning, jump out of bed, go back after an hour or so and then don't want to get up again!

On the plus side (yes, there is one!), I don't have that awful spaced out feeling of depersonalisation that I used to feel every day.
    When I do sleep, it's very deeply and I'm enjoying the dreams!
    I haven't felt major panic for a while, that awful deep fear of going out.

My next step is to start going out for very short walks around the block on my own and see how that feels.
    I'm determined to see this through and get well!

Well done Tish for your determination to want to fight it. Good luck with your next step

Thank you Alfredo.
    I faced a massive challenge today and the anxiety was back with a vengeance. I was a wreck with a pounding heart, the shakes and feeling physically sick with fear.
    I went upstairs and tried meditatation for 20mins. It took a while to slow my heartrate and breath steadily again but it did me the world of good. I faced my biggest fear head on andd got through it ok. No-one would've guessed what I 'd been going through!
    I'm really sad though that I'm back to square one and the meds have done very little to help.
    I don't see the point if they don't work but I'll try for 6 weeks at least, see if things get better.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread Information