Thread: Yet more worry

Yet more worry

Hi.

After a relatively worry-free few months I now seem to be back in the midst of health-anxiety Hell again.

For about a day I've had a constant dull ache under my left ribs which comes and goes in waves seperated by about a minute.

I don't really feel sick or queasy and my appetite is ok (although I'm so anxious now that I really don't feel like eating).
    It was bad last night when I went to bed & was still there this morning when I woke so I followed the usual procedure of getting a doctor's appointment this morning.

My long-suffering GP had a good feel around and poked and prodded.
    He told me that he couldn't feel anything nasty and from what I'd told him re my 'movements' this morning (3 - two not particularly 'solid' -very sorry if TMI) it sounded like an IBS/gut spasm thing and should probably clear of it's own accord. Apparently the stomach empties into a sharp turn of the intestine at approximately the area of discomfort & that could be where I am suffering he said.
    I have been very stressed & worrisome of late so this could well be a result of that I suppose.
    I have taken some of the Colofac/Mebeverine to see if that helps but so far it doesn't seem to have done a lot.

My question then is does this sound familiar to anyone else & did you experience this for a consistent period? I have had IBS on & off for a few years now but I don't ever remember feeling like this.

Thanks very much in advance.

Re: Yet more worry

if it is your left side under your rib it is wind/ibs. Do you get stomach gurgling?

i have had this before, mainly caused by anxiety. I get stomach pains and have to go to the toilet due to anxiety when i am calm i am ok.

Try peppermint of oil capsules, they seem to be good. Just a spell a guess.

Worry is a pain. I have mebevine prescribed to me i havent really taken it much. Luckily yours sounds mild. Don't worry just chill

Have a merry christmas

Re: Yet more worry

Thanks ever so much for that.

Yes, this does sound like what I have at the moment.

I should really be able to recognise the signs of IBS by now but, like I said, this one blind-sided me as it's not a symptom I can really recall experiencing before.

I shall give the peppermint a go - I'm currently foregoing standard 'builders' spec for the peppermint variety & that does seem to have a little bit of an effect.

Thanks for your kind wishes - greatly appreciated & I wish you & everyone else reading these boards a happy & anxiety-free Christmas.

Thread Information