Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9171819

Thread: Pregabalin - Waiting For Lift Off

Re: Pregabalin - Waiting For Lift Off

Hi robin, Nice to see you post again.

I am doing so so at the moment on pregabalin still only on 3x75mg a day have asked my doctor about increasing it to 300mg but she told me no, As i am finding that it seems to be not doing the job as well as it was (i have started to be naughty and have started drinking again after 15 months on the wagon).

Must admit got really hammered last night as it felt like i was drinking water and i forgot myself got in a 1am but this morning my panic attack seem to be getting stronger again.

My doctor gave me some diazapam 2mg to try when i start to have a panic attack but have yet to try them as have a real fear of starting something new (as it was took me over 2 months to pick up the courage to take pregabalin).

So i know i must not start down the long road of drinking again (just needed to let of some steam) But starting to feel like I am failing.

Hi Chris
    Really can't understand why you were refused the extra pregabalin but is it due to the cost factor once again? Pregabalin, unlike diazepam, is not known to the best of my knowledge to be an addictive drug and yet it has the same sedative qualities as diazepam.
    I too have increased my drinking and I have to be very`careful taking such a high dose of pregabalin.

Hi Robin.

It is a real shame that pregabalin is not working for you as reading your thread on it has been a real insight into the drug.

I can't understand my doctors reason to refuse a increase but nothing i can really do about it. I went to see her and had my little girl with me and the doctor was running a hour late + also had my son wondering around town waiting for me so when i got into she the doctor she told me she will not talk to me/see me when I am anxious (I thought i was reasonable ok).

But when i asked her about the increase she told me really i should be looking to cut it down not increase (and they think i am insane) and she sent me on my way with a script for diazepam and as i said have never tried them before.

So i phoned my local mental health team (who are being very helpfull) and talked to my old case worker and she told me to just try again and ask for the increase or for something else to add to the pregabalin to boost it.
    Just a case of wait and see strange thing is i know have the hospital giving me pregabalin and the doctor so i seem to be building up a stock pile of the drug I don't know which one to tell as the hospital are giving it me for nerve pain and the doctor for anxiety.

And from me to you decrease the drinking, I am going to stop it again before it gets out off hand again as it was first time in 15 odd months and wow it hit me about 12 pints and other peps were getting me strange shots of this and that it was insane, BUT at no stage did i think about panic attacks or anything i was on fire.

But it cannot allow it to start again if I cannot control my anxiety issuses i can at least control the drinking.

Could you have a bigger **** for a doctor? Please don't see that one again. I am sick of them.
    At least you have a decent mental health team.
    You did great to stay off the booze for as long as you did. I understand the temptation to hit the bottle, I really do.
    I'm still looking for my "cure". Prozac is next on the list!

Well I wish you all the best on your quest and I hope you find the correct script for your needs and at the end of the day you find your "cure".

I find it hard to believe that in this day and age that mental health is such a hard disability to treat correctly and yes i say disability as to some it such a demoralising punishing mistress it can break the strongest of people for now reason.

I kept telling myself everyday that i need to get a grip and force whatever this is out.
    Maybe there is a script out there for me.

All the best

I think part of the problem is that GP's are undertrained/ not experienced enough/ not interested in mental health.

Mental health is a murky water with depression and anxiety mixing together - a proper consultation with a psychiatrist is in all probability helpful.

My GP was shite - only prescribes SSRI's and yours sounds the same in that she is crap.

Dan

I'm on150mg twice a day since Tues previous to that 75mg twice a day for two weeks also on the new med Valdoxan 25mg once a day
    I think the anxiety is slightly better but I feel totally drugged that my husband has forbidden me from driving. Does this get better cos I dont like it

Joy

Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9171819

Thread Information