Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Pregabalin - Waiting For Lift Off

Re: Pregabalin - Waiting For Lift Off

Quote Originally Posted by robinbrum View Post
    Good luck with that but presumably your pregabalin will only be a short-term basis if it's been prescribed for nerve pain? On that dosage you have a head start over me on a measly 100mg!
    I too had a similar reaction to a drug once which also made me feel suicidal and constantly weepy. Frightening what these chemicals can do and how different people can react in completely different ways to the same medication.
    Yeah he gave me a 6 weeks course but if they work well for my anxiety levels i think my doc will let me carry on with them as they were going to put me on gabapentin (for gad).
    But the dentist said that pregabalin in more stable that gabapentin.

And yes it is very frightening how different drugs effect people. I like how they say antidepressants make you worse before better
    Should be make you better and better in the real world

Hope you do well on pregabalin and have a good christmas

Likewise, let me know how you get on

I went shopping today and I was surprised to find myself remarkably calm by my usual hyper standards. Mind you I was only out for an hour and it was quieter than expected. Don't know if the Pregabalin might be kicking in or it's just one of my occasional good days.
    Watch this space.

Been taking Pregabalin a week now at 100mg a day. Not noticed any difference whatsoever.
    Disappointed but not entirely surprised. Inevitably the dose will have to be increased by the GP (however much they're against it). Tempted to do it myself but I will surely be asked questions about why I'm returning early for my prescription(although for some odd reason he gave me a 6-week supply).
    Watch this space, as they say...

hey i ony notice any effect on my anxiety when i was increased to 600mg it heps my social anxiety, and my generaised anxiety a little less, but i still have slight panic attacks. i want to take venlafaxine but they wont et me as i have bipolar aswell.

That seems a very high dose...I have a high tolerance and I could be on 200 mg for the rest of my life and not feel any difference. I don't know what is best for bi-polar but venlafaxine did nothing for me except knock me out.

my mates been on 150mg 3x a day pregab for 3 yrs. he is loads better, but still not completely there. but i'd say it works for him. he has gad and depression but has never had a panic attack (I am surprised!)

anyway, best of luck. xx

ps, apparently venlafaxine is a bit of a 'stimulant' sort of anti-d so so i can see why they'd not use it for panic or bipolar, but robin, it knocks you out??? Now I AM interested!!! lol!!!!

Hi Hyperogi,
    I will be patient with the Pregabalin because I have quite a high tolerance threshold for drugs and I know that the dose will have to be upped significantly before I start feeling any benefits.
    Yes, the Venlaflaxine were more like valium for me, I was yawning all the time and generally spaced-out but not in a good way. More like dope than speed, if you want to compare it with illegal drugs and known for increasing weight as well. But people react differently to it.
    We keep on trying

Hi Robinbrum,

I'm taking 600 mg pregabalin per day plus 45 mg mirtazapine per day for generalised anxiety. I've been on this dose for just over a year and its better than anything I've ever had. Anxiety is at levels I'd consider normal.

Considering your size and previous drug tolerance, I suspect you will need the maximum dose. Doctors are still a bit wary of pregabalin as its not a drug that they've prescribed in large amounts, so they adopt the cautious approach: "Start low, go slow".

I think the drug is still under patent. The price should come down when the patent expires and other companies can manufacture it.

Hang in there.

Hanshan

I think you are right hanshan and at the moment I have been on 200mg daily for a fortnight and have not noticed any change whatsoever. I am going to see my GP next week to review the situation and I hope he will see sense and increase the dosage significantly.
    I hope the price does come down significantly because I know my practice are very cost-conscious when it comes to dishing out these drugs, as I explained in another thread http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=106105

---------- Post added at 13:23 ---------- Previous post was at 13:19 ----------

Sorry I said 200mg, that should read 100mg a day.

Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread Information