Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I had MRI head scan today..proud of myself

Re: I had MRI head scan today..proud of myself

great job ! ive had one befor and when they pushed me in i freaked out couldnt do it so u did great ! for going threw with it be proud of urself

Well done! I had to stay in one for 45 minutes, I squeezed the bubble thing they gave me right at the end as I panicked. As there was only a few mins to go they didn't come get me! Needless to say I was crying my eyes out and in a state when they did get me out. I was so upset and angry with them. When I had my appointment with consultant I told him what had happened, he was most annoyed but then went on to tell me I needed another scan! I told him under no circumstances was I going back in that scanner. It was then they told me about the open scanners and the larger tube scanners for larger people or people who are claustrophobic. So if you really do struggle these options are available although not every hospital has them, I had to go to a different area which was fine. I had no problem whatsoever in the larger tube. It also had a mirror on the top, but positioned that I could see out. The staff were much more understanding and I would not have any problem going in again if I had to.

thanku to u all. oh no @ BestMate i would have defo panicked more that they didnt get me out straight away but u did it now so well done on getting through most of it. if i ever do have to have another one i will defo ask bout open scanners. xx

well done

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information