Thread: How long does it take for Side effects trying to work out if I should start tonight?

How long does it take for Side effects trying to work out if I should start tonight?

Or wait it out till after christmas? then start sunday night? I'm guessing if I start tonight by wed the side effects will kick in and it won't be a sudden thing x

Re: How long does it take for Side effects trying to work out if I should start tonig

hi katie my side effects started straight away... this is my 1st day with them in half at 10 mg i had taken a 20 mg 2 start and the side effects werer awful that i phoned my Gp and the told me 2 cut it down to 10 mg.... my side effects are feeling even more anxious.. teary.. loss of appitie and just feeling crap... ive read through what some ppl have said and hopefully they shud wear off within a few wks..... hope u are doing well ATM and be plzd if u cud let me know how ur coping..... all the best normal2be

Re: How long does it take for Side effects trying to work out if I should start tonig

Hey am now two weeks into the meds now on Saturday my side effects are still there but they have calmed down abit im not as tired as I was but I still feel generally panicy! I get alot of hot sweats and feel shaky in the morning! I also have trouble with getting hot and breathless when eating but that could easily be anxitey!

I am on 20mg I did think of cutting down to 10mg to but I just thought I'd rather feel shit for two - three weeks then for the rest of the year x

I'm on week 7 and it's only this week that I feel remotely like my old self again.

Stick with it, it's worth it in the end

---------- Post added at 19:19 ---------- Previous post was at 19:18 ----------

Im also interested to know how you are able to cut down your tablets when they come in standard 20mg capsule?

Millan I have just started them today 20mg and it is good to hear you say you are starting to feel your old self. I like positive feed back.

Citalopram made me feel so ill bawking and very anxious.

cathy xx

I'm on day 2, was so frightened to take them I have been doing it when I wake up during the night. I think far too deep into what badness they might cause rather than how good they can be?? I feel totally exhausted and on a morning sickly and I feel very nervous but that disapears as the day goes on. I'm on 20mg. Do you know if the side effects get worse or do they show in the first few days? I have taken them before but I was in such a state at the time I just can't remember? I cant have anytime off work as I have to re-apply for my job at the end of Feb and I just cant be ill!! Reading all the posts is making me hopeful!!
    Thanks

Kendra

I've been given these too 20mg but am so afraid to take them because of the side effects. My anxiety has seem to have calmed but its not completely gone and am so afraid of it coming back with side effects :-( xxx

Thread Information