Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: claire weekes

claire weekes

i wondered if this had happened anyone

every few weeks or months i get all the symptoms claire weekes mentions. i cope well enuf with them and eventually they go

but for the past few weekes the agitation, not getting a breath, heart funny and feeling like i am gonna collapse with exaustion and more are all here but 10 fold

not only are they worse than ive ever experienced but they will not subside at all

i fear so much that they are gonna kill me

could this change in severity signal a real disease that i fear

or can the symptoms themselves kill me

feel so sick and so badely anxious never so strong and without breather

i would love to know what you all feel about this

jackie

HI - I know exactly what you mean. For me its the hot weather which makes it even worse - the air is humid and you dont seem to be able to draw in proper breaths and when you go in shops or doctors or whatever its worse as I feel faint and breahtless and it scares the pants off me!!
    Hang on int here and be strong - we can do it!!! love wenjoy x

hi jackie i think the anxiety symptoms we fear the worst are the ones that are the most difficult to get rid of!for me its the dizziness because that is what freaks me out the most!!!i often say to my hubby i wish i could have a brain transplant just so i didnt wake up with these thoughts every day!!!take care remember your not alone rachel x x

Hi Jackie,

I can so relate to what you are saying. And you know what the more we think about them the worse they bloody get. I cant read magazine health pages anymore due to me always developing symptoms Ive read about strange or what.

I really hope this subsides for you x

Mandy xx

hi jackie
    i totally agree with everyone elses comments...
    anxiety affects us all in similar ways and the symptoms we stress the most about will torment us even more
    i have a problem with the heat this year i feel dizzy most days but the sun makes me so much worse..i hate it...
    i know what ceecee means with the brain transplant..we would love to have a breather from these thoughts which torment our lives and make us feel so ill..
    i have just had 2 whole months of constant chest tightness ebery day and whole of the day..i thought i was gonna stop breathing every day and it too would kill me....
    be strong and one day(as my mum keeps telling me ...she suffered 7 years) you will wake up and it will have left you
    take care

i agree with you all and am so glad you posted as it always makes me feel better.

it is the intensity of them this time, i usually have a set pattern and try to cope but this time they are unbearable. my legs are weak from i get up in the morning. i get anxious and agitated so easily which just is not me and i feel tired constantly

why after a set pattern for so long has it suddenly changed

so scared

jackie

*could this change in severity signal a real disease that i fear*

2 weeks ago i was a nervous wreck. Was convinced i had something bad. Thats when i first joined here. I was in turmoil. The symptoms got worse & worse & there was no way those symptoms could be caused by my own mind making them worse! It HAD to be something bad.....wrong! When i took 1 Diazapam last thursday night, the calm that came over me was unreal! The symptom almost disappeared (bearing in mind apart from when i was asleep at night that symptom was very much there all the time for weeks!)
    And i woke up friday feeling like i had woken up from a living hell to be honest! Now i am so back to normal its the most wonderful feeling ever.
    My doctor isnt back from leave until monday so i cant see him til then but i cant wait to get to him because i want to sort this anxiety BEFORE the next attack happens because i cant stand that feeling, and dont want to go through it again. Its happened so many times in the last 12 yrs. Sorry rattled on, but i DEFINATELY now believe we can GREATLY increase the severity of the symptoms we are worrying about without any doubt whatsoever, ive lived it. Never underestimate the power of our minds. I know i wont do after what i went through for weeks! I almost feel like i must be crackers to do that to myself! [:I]

Hi Jackie,
    Im a claire weekes fan and she has really helped me so far,she writes about breaking habits and memories as i understand it causes the setbacks,maybe this is what you are experiencing?
    I know its so so hard though,after reading her books ive been feeling so much better but i still have bad days because of habits and memories and im having real problems with hyperventalating recently,i tell myself not to fear the symptoms and to accept them and im able to cope with them so much better now thanks to claires advice but its still very difficult sometimes. Im hoping as time passes it'll get better.
    Do you have time out for yourself to do any relaxation tecniques? ive been making myself everyday and i beleive this is also helping me and so important if you suffer with anxiety!

Hope you feel better soon Jackie!!

Take care xx

purple rain. favourite song of all time. genius!

thanks to you aal for getting back.

time for meself. well hubby is a workaholic and ive five kids, four of whom are under 3 1/2 so not really

will try to make it though

jackie

Hi Jackie - your life WILL get easier, even with a big family - I know, I have 6 children quite close together in age, and now the youngest is 14 and I don't know where the time went! I have horrible palpitations too, on and off. They can go away for months then back with a vengeance. I get flutters, missed beats and very scared! I'm taking propranolol, but I'm not sure it's really helping. Chin up!
    Rosekay

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information