Thread: Eye twitching - Help me!

Eye twitching - Help me!

Hey All,
    I am back again. Again neuro symtpoms. Ok this time its my eye. My left eye had been twitching - the upper eye lid - for more than 2 weeks now. Its not always thre. It was there for 2-3 days..then it went away. Now its again been 2-3 days and its bak. Its on the upper eyelid..and its not like - twitch twitch twitch ---its more like one twitch then after 2 seconds one twitch,.....
    I am so confused as to what all this is.
    This twitch is now days getting activated whenever i sneeze!!
    waht an this be??
    anyone had this before?
    twitching starting when u sneeze?

Re: Eye twitching - Help me!

I had it about 18 months back. Just my left eyelid twitching, seem to remember it lasted about 6-7 weeks, then just stopped of it's own accord. Think it tended to be worse when I was tired.

This is happening to me as well, it has been about 2 months!!! But it is under the eye as opposed to above.

This is common and stress just makes it worse. It also has nothing to do with your brain. It is just your muscle contracting due to a nerve which is being overexcited or a muscle being too tense.

I promise you you will neither die, nor need any treatment to sort it out!

Try to chill, massage the area gently and just ignore it. It might last for weeks!

"A happy life consists not in the absence, but in the mastery of hardships."

As has been said above, it is a nerve 'set on edge' and contracting one of the tiny muscles around the eye. I have this happen often but once had this for 6 weeks, exactly as you are describing, and although it drives you crazy there is nothing about the problem that should worry you. It is very very very common and a 'normal' and neither an illness or disease.

Thanks for the reply guys...I would have been reassured with the above mentioed replies...had it not been for the fact that i have been having the worst MS anxiety since around 6 months now.
    And ofcourse when you type in eye twitches..its one of teh symptos of ms!!

i get the same, aswell as spasms in my left thigh

I have had this so many times in the past, it is nothing to worry about. Mine eventually just stops on its own. Lack of sleep often triggers it.

Thread Information