Page 4 of 540 FirstFirst ... 234561454104504 ... LastLast

Thread: should i swap???

Re: should i swap???

Quote Originally Posted by nicola1980 View Post
    ive heard that sometimes an AD doesn't work aswel for you second time round ...
    Where have you heard that? It's a total fallacy. It's more likely that someone who had to go onto antidepressants for a second time feels worse because they are frightened and upset by their relapse, and they have lost confidence that they can recover.

What would you do if you weren't afraid?

I drew the line between hope and despair, and the line will hold.

"Forth now, and fear no darkness!"

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoPoet View Post
    Where have you heard that? It's a total fallacy. It's more likely that someone who had to go onto antidepressants for a second time feels worse because they are frightened and upset by their relapse, and they have lost confidence that they can recover.
    That makes complete sense again physchoPoet it was actually a mental health nurse from the community mental health team i saw when i had my intial assessment that told me that which as u can imagine prob made me think they won't working but my councillor has said as theyve worked for me before then they should again its just a case of getting my dose right hence my increase to 40mg!! i was stable on 30mg last time but in all honesty this relapse is the worst ive been, i was at absolute rock bottom when i went back on them xx

Morning Nicola, hope you are feeling a bit better this morning. Had 2 beers and a dram last night, feel like 12 dollars
    Still dizzy after that first fag?

morning!! well day 4 of 40mg and after having a good night last night at a friends ive woke up anxious, nauseas restless and snappy just can't sit still and my appetite has gone again!! do you think this is the side effects from increase kicking in?? off out for a family meal in a pub later so should be interesting well after my rant.....HAPPY NEW YEAR!! xx

Hi Nicola
    How are you today? Just a bit of advice.........

I found that early on Citalopram needs taking with food to lessen the side effects, you'll also find that caffine (if you drink it?) wont help woth stablising your mood/anxiety. Sorry if you already know this, just thought it might help.

---------- Post added at 10:49 ---------- Previous post was at 10:47 ----------

sorry I didnt answer re side effects, yes that is what you are experiencing, it will settle down, try to eat something light for lunch & avoid alcohol, just lots of water!!

Quote Originally Posted by annette1 View Post
    Hi Nicola
    How are you today? Just a bit of advice.........

I found that early on Citalopram needs taking with food to lessen the side effects, you'll also find that caffine (if you drink it?) wont help woth stablising your mood/anxiety. Sorry if you already know this, just thought it might help.
    Thanks, think i will start to take it with food tomorrow will try and eat breakfast!! i switched to caffeine free tea a few months ago but thanks for the tip as it may help others too hopefully it will pass in a few days, thanks so much for your help xx

well i managed the meal out, had a wave of panic come over me when id finished eating so just excused myself and went outside for a fag to try and calm myself it seemed to pass quickly so went back and joined everyone just wish i could stop constantly thinking how im feeling all the time its forever on my mind............someone please tell me this is normal and will pass??? xx

Well done!

You managed your anxiety so well, keep building on that & you'll soon feel so much better.

Worrying about how you feel is all part of of this horrible illness, its part of the mind chatter that goes on. Try to keep your mind occupied with other positive thoughts, keep praising yourself when you do something -like going out for lunch, give yourself small treats, a bubble bath, a walk, coffee & cake in a favourite cafe helped me a lot.

Good day for you today, remember it & build on it tomorrow! tc x

Quote Originally Posted by annette1 View Post
    Well done!

You managed your anxiety so well, keep building on that & you'll soon feel so much better.

Worrying about how you feel is all part of of this horrible illness, its part of the mind chatter that goes on. Try to keep your mind occupied with other positive thoughts, keep praising yourself when you do something -like going out for lunch, give yourself small treats, a bubble bath, a walk, coffee & cake in a favourite cafe helped me a lot.

Good day for you today, remember it & build on it tomorrow! tc x
    Thankyou , my sons at my parents for the night so just going to have a chill out with hubby, I really appreciate your support xx

Well done Nicola, thats another obstacle out of the way

Page 4 of 540 FirstFirst ... 234561454104504 ... LastLast

Thread Information