Thread: Duloxetine

Post Duloxetine

I am looking for some advice as to what is a good anti depressent to take I have been on just about every one according to my GP and he has today prescribed duloxetine but having read on here the side effects I am terrified to try it, he said it is a fairly new one and has been using it successfully for some time but due to my history of anti depressents I am now very wary of them and really dont want to have any more horrible side effects. Can anybody give me some advice. I have beeen suffering from this horrible illness for several years and am now at an all time low and really need some help. Thank in advance for any help anyone can give me.

Hi Scottish Delight

A huge warm welcome to nmp.

You'll get loads of advice and support here and make some lovely friends along the way.

Best wishes

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Re: Duloxetine

Hey! I'm taking duloxetine at the moment but i'm finding it a little heavy-going. I started off on 30mg after switching from prozac (which seemed to no longer be working) and I was getting on reasonably well although it was making me very drowsy and a bit listless. My GP moved me up to 60mg to see if this was a result of the medication or a symptom of my depression. I've been trying this for a fortnight now and the side affects are quite worrying. My sleeping patterns have gone haywire, i'm constantly tired, sometimes feel nauseous / suffer from headaches and i've even had some pretty terrifying nightmares. I'll keep persevering with it for a bit to see how I get on as i've heard that sometimes it takes a while before things settle down.

Re: Duloxetine

Hi and welcome to NMP

Paige x

Thread Information