Thread: A year on!

A year on!

Dear All

Some of you may well remember me!

I spent many an evening posting and receiving support in the Autumn of last year.

It was just about a year ago I was suffering from an eye condition which lead to panic attacks and anxiety. The panic attacks and anxiety peeked in the late Summer of last year. From memory I found the site in the September/October, got prescribed medication and managed to get referred to a psychaitrist and CBT Therapist.

CBT turned my life around and made my family and I look at many aspects of our life and make several life changing decisions which have proved to be totally liberating!

I am typing this having moved house, new location - 2 hours up country - from Surrey to Leicestershire. I've changed jobs and my children have moved schools. My husband is in between jobs at present, but I'm even cool with that - having found the job of my dreams, it has to be the right job for him too! This time last year I was a total mess - oh what a difference nearly a year makes.

I have even managed to come off medication prior to moving house (I believe house moving ranks quite high on the stress list, along with changing jobs!).

Yes, I still have the odd moment, but that I put down to normal daily pressure, but overall the change in my thinking, I believe has given me the confidence to cope with all these changes.

I do hope this post helps those suffering with anxiety and panic issues. I know I found tremendous comfort from reading many, many threads on this site.

To close, what can I say, there is light at the end of the tunnel and please, please do believe in yourself - you will come through this, hopefully a stronger person, one who is more comfortable in their own skin and ready to face the challenges of every day life again!

I still visit the site and will continue to do so, but I would like to say a huge thank you to Nic for making such a wonder source available to those who suffer! - Thank you Nic!

With lots of love to you all.

Elaine

Hi Elaine
    Thanks for your post, it always makes me feel so much more positive about recovery after reading other peoples successes.
    A big well done to you for turnung your life around!
    Love Helen

Hi Elaine

So pleased to hear all your news its fantastic that everything has come together for you. A really brilliant peice of news indeed.

Well done hun

Take Care

Alex

Many People Will Walk
    In & Out Of Your Life
    But Only True Friends
    Will Leave Footprints
    In Your Heart

Hi Elanie,

What a lovely uplifting post to read. Thank you so much. Good Luck to you in your new home and job.

Bel

What a fab story.
    So pleased for you...its great ti hear that we can get better.

All the best for the future

Hay x

Thread Information