Thread: I need a new family.

Alone for 8 years now, need a big hug.

I've lived alone away from family for 8 years now and it is getting very bad. Loneliness leads to depression which leads to anxiety. Phoned my brother who cares about me and gives me more support than the rest of my family put together. He knows my problems and how bad i feel, yet even he will not go out of his way to help me, he did manage to call me "lazy" because of my agoraphobia and tell me to "get over it" tho. I have been off work for 3 years, the worst 3 years of my life and have no car, so i was hoping as part of my new strategy of ignoring my agoraphobia and get out this weekend (better depressed out than in). He was not interested in picking me up, it would take him an hour tho. I don't understand why my family cares so little, talking to my sister on Christmas day, she asks what's wrong, so i start to tell her, but before i finish the first sentence she started to look disinterested, i mean Jesus i see her about twice a year. Because of my deppression and anxiety i haven't had a relationship for years and my only friends are from online gaming. I am determined to get out and get a life this year, but it looks like i'll get no help from family.
    Last edited by lifeofbrian; 31-12-11 at 13:45.

Re: I need a new family.

sorry to hear ,about your family ,but its a fact its hard for them to undersatand they remember you as you once were ..its hard all round this illness ,

Just came across this forum and my post, can't believe it's been 5 years since I posted this, things are still the same, got to laugh.

Ah, family are hard work. Mine don't really get it either. Sadly anxiety and depression are things people don't tend to understand unless they experience them, or take the time to ask questions and listen to the answers.

Has anything changed for the better in the time you've been away from this forum?

Unfortunately not, I think I'm just stuck this way now. You never know, maybe I'll find that thing that will help me to snap out of this.

Quote Originally Posted by unspoken View Post
    Ah, family are hard work. Mine don't really get it either. Sadly anxiety and depression are things people don't tend to understand unless they experience them, or take the time to ask questions and listen to the answers.

Has anything changed for the better in the time you've been away from this forum?

hi i hope your feeling a little better ,i have my husband who is my rock and my son but my fammily they never bother i have no friends suffer badly with anxiety and cant go out alone you are not alone come on here we understand take care

Thanks Susie, I sometimes think that I just need to start my own family, but how the hell does someone start a relationship in this state. I have a pet bird and some fish, I suppose pets are better than people in some ways anyway, but there's no beating the real thing.

Quote Originally Posted by susie View Post
    hi i hope your feeling a little better ,i have my husband who is my rock and my son but my fammily they never bother i have no friends suffer badly with anxiety and cant go out alone you are not alone come on here we understand take care

Thread Information