Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Journal of my Experience

Re: Journal of my Experience

Hi

I was put on Fluoxetine a week ago by my doctor, together with Clomipramine which I have been taking for years (over 15). I'm only on 10 mg liquid and it is making me feel very tired and a little bit confused plus no appetite. The side effects make me panic as I feel I can't concentrate properly!!!

hang on in there....
    I had a tough 2/3 weeks on Fluoxetine,but the side effects do lessen.I lost over a stone too as I had no appetite whatsoever,plus severe insomnia.
    Got my appetite back now,but still waiting for a proper full nights sleep....
    try reading my diary,it might give you some encouragement;
    http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=105775

x

Hi feelingbad. I would echo what sickandtired has said, hang on in there. It is really, really tough if you're getting bad side effects, so go easy on yourself.

I lost my appetite too. Following some advice I picked up on here, I drank Complan drinks when I couldn't eat, and got some fairly plain fortified cereal. I also found my appetite was better in the evening, so I bought some easy-to-prepare and eat meals (bangers and mash ready meals a particular favourite) so I could manage at least one proper meal a day.

I also sympathise about the concentration - are you working? I tried to go into work but quickly realised there was no way I could get through the day. It was a huge weight off my mind to confess to my bosses what was going on and I took a week off. My bosses were really supportive. There was a lot of sleeping and watching crap telly, which took no concentration but was about all I could manage.

It's now three weeks today since I started and I've been back in work for the first time today and it went OK. Certainly, there's no doubt that I'm a lot better than I was just a week ago.

You'll find lots of good support on this site too, so have a good read of the forums. I've found sickandtired's diary really useful.

Sue x

feelingbad, I hope you side effects subside quickly!

The last few days have been really good and my appetite has finally returned! I have to admit I was slightly disappointed as I could lose a few more pounds, but I know that not eating isn't a healthy way to lose weight. I may have overdid it last night though... I went to a friend's party and had a few strong drinks. I've been trying to stay away from alcohol, but I must admit I caved to peer pressure. I'm not sure if it was the alcohol, but I woke up early this morning feeling anxious. After lying in bed for a while, I finally got up (without waking up my fiance!) and came to look at the forums. It really calms me down to know that others are going through similar issues and have overcome them.

17th day

Woke up again early this morning and couldn't fall back asleep, even though I went to bed past midnight! Guess I'll be needing a nap today... I also have been having strange dreams on prozac. Well, maybe "strange" isn't the right word. They're extremely normal! I had a dream last night that I was getting a refill on my prescriptions, and another night I dreamed that I was brushing my teeth. No wonder I can't stay asleep, it's too boring!
    Some slight anxiety this morning, but nothing too bad, just minor physical symptoms. I'm so glad I'm finally feeling a little more like myself again!

18th day

I woke up with a horrible headache this morning. I was hoping it would go away on its own, but no such luck. I finally caved and took some advil, so hopefully it goes away soon. Other than that everything has been going good!

Not such a great day today. I felt anxious starting around 6:00 pm and haven't quite been able to shake it. Also, my appetite was low today, so I didn't eat very much. Mentally I feel a lot better, but physically not so much. Hopefully this is just a little blip and I'll feel better again tomorrow!

Hi ya just wanted to let you know I started on fluoxetine 20mg 8 days ago and yes the side effects have happily kicked in which I am glad of shows they are working I wish you well on your Journey and hope that you get the acheivements you would like to get from this Jem

I also started on fluoxetine 8 days ago i have terrible nausia and i got cystitis on monday night really bad it has eased off now. but have got a antibiotics for it. I also have been feeling more anxiety the last couple of days but if i keep busy it tends to diminish as the day goes on.

I was wandering how long the sickness goes on for as I find I can't eat much infact I have to force it down I am not too bad in the night I can get a bit peckish. I just want them to work for me.

Any advice would be appriciated

Cathy xx

Hi 8 days as well and think I am dying want to run please please ggive me words of advise only came off them in september as thought was in a good place after 10 years but bad 3 mths and have deceided no more.Not only all the side effects but also such guilty obsesssive thoughts have reared their head.Got divorced remarried last year ex husband still on own and cant stop thinking ablout that and my kids.My kids are fine but I feel so guilty.Hubby being great but feel guilty putting him through it.Insomnia constant panic no appetite please tell me I will be ok and it wont be like this forever.I am so scared.Up until sept had done great.

Any advise

All us 8 dayers lets hang in there I know prozac worked before and was great!!!!!!!
    To all the positive posts thank you and I really admire you all

Sorry you can see I not good at moment xxx

Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread Information