Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Journal of my Experience

Re: Journal of my Experience

You're like me princess I have recently seperated i am with my son who by the way is 29 lol my 2 daughters have their own flats and my ex has a flat but i feel guilty for the spilit I feel sorry for my ex but he was mentaly abusive but he did have good points. we were married 34 years and it wasnt easy leaving him he tried his best for it not to happen I have a new partner and I should be happy but i have had a lot in the last 3 years which ended in me losing my job for being off with axiety. and all this made my blood pressure go up which freaked me out it is alright but i have terrible white coat syndrome and I seem to worry about going to have my BP taken which is silly as I dont need to go have it done for 12 months my gp says I am putting all my anxieties on the BP. I should be calm and happy now but can't shake this anxiety off. I hope this fluoxetine helps but i am feeling crap with the sickness and heightend anxiety but lets hope it eases and we must stick with it. We deserve to be happy.

Cathy xx

Hello all! I'm sorry your SEs have not been good... Mine were the worst on the 5th and 6th days and then on the 7th I just woke up feeling a lot better. I hope that happens for you all! I'm also on 10 mg, so my SEs may not be quite as intense. And as the doctor says, they will affect everyone differently. Still, I know how strange it is to make yourself worse before you can start to get better - it just seems wrong!
    Today officially begins my 4th week on floxetine, but yesterday was not a very good day. I had mild anxiety all day and was also exhausted, which may just be my own fault for not getting enough sleep. I had a lot of trouble concentrating, although that may have been because work was boring, and I couldn't stop shaking my legs. Then driving home I had a panic attack. :-( It only lasted about 15 seconds, but it still scared me. I also woke up around 3:00am with high anxiety. (I kept hearing noises outside and thought that maybe someone was breaking into our place.) Once I fell back asleep I did manage to stay that way until the alarm went off, which is a step in the right direction because I've been waking up too early and not been able to fall back asleep. I feel lots better this morning and I'm excited because it's only a half day at work. Yippee!
    And you're right Cathy, we do deserve to be happy!

Hi lizerie

I am on my 9th day and still feeling very nausia of the morning and find it hard to get up. You say you had a panice attack yesterday did you manage it and just let it go. what I am trying to say is the fluoxitine helping you to not make a big issue of things?

I am still finding it easier to just sit and do nowt cant wait for my motivation to kick in.

How are you feeling in yourself now? and were you in a bad way before you started them? Have you taken any other AD? I did take citalopram last sept 2010 when I first became ill they did work after about 3 months but i stupidly stoped them and went back to square one. went back on them but just didnt seem to work I do think I upped my doses too quick. so maybe it was me just wanting a quick fix. I have heard a lot of good things about fluoxitine. good to read your post.

Hi All

Day 9 and had to take day off work just couldnt face it.So panicky last night and couldnt sleep.Just got up and showered waiting for doctor to ring to see if can get some sleeping tablets.Just want to feel normal again.My sister keeps saying there are newer ads that dont cause this and I should ask but reckon they could all have something and have started now.She has suffered too in the past.
    So worried about next week what if I cant work?sleep?Hubby at home so helping with kids school run etc me just staring into space!!
    PLease tell me this will pass

Thank you cathy for your response means so much and hope you having a better day.

xxxxxx

Have you not got diazipam just to take the edge of your panic I take one 2mg if i get really panicy. what dose you on? I am on 20mg the sickness is really awful for me and I am have waves of panic and a bit worried that they wont work but that is what we all worry about try doing somthing I have a lovely lady on here who has been helping me she comes under the name of sickandtired she will give you some good advice as she is on fluoxitine and it is her 3rd week have a chat to her. Dont give up not just yet, me and you are on our 8th day it is early days yet.

Cathy xx

Hi dr rang me back stick with it,he leaving sleeping tablets and diazepham and says stick with it.Going to see him on 26 of Jan.
    I have seen sick and tireds threads and found them a great help it is so good to know not alone.

Stay strong

xx

Quote Originally Posted by cathycrumble View Post
    Hi lizerie

I am on my 9th day and still feeling very nausia of the morning and find it hard to get up. You say you had a panice attack yesterday did you manage it and just let it go. what I am trying to say is the fluoxitine helping you to not make a big issue of things?

I am still finding it easier to just sit and do nowt cant wait for my motivation to kick in.

How are you feeling in yourself now? and were you in a bad way before you started them? Have you taken any other AD? I did take citalopram last sept 2010 when I first became ill they did work after about 3 months but i stupidly stoped them and went back to square one. went back on them but just didnt seem to work I do think I upped my doses too quick. so maybe it was me just wanting a quick fix. I have heard a lot of good things about fluoxitine. good to read your post.
    Hi Cathy! I do think the fluoxetine has helped quite a bit. It's exactly the way you described it - it's helping me to not make a big issue of things. I think that's why my panic attack was so short, I was able to just let it go and recognize it for what it was. (Not me dieing, just symptoms that can make me feel that way.) It's also a lot easier for me to fall asleep at night - that when I usually would get some of my worse attacks.

I definitely feel a lot better after starting to take the fluoxetine. I have a lot more motivation. After reading some other posts, I don't think I was that bad off before, just that I couldn't control my anxiety, panic attacks and intrusive thoughts on my own. However, I've suffered with this for a long time - since I was about 7, so I'm glad I finally talked to me doctor. It had been getting worse in the past 3-4 months, which I think is probably due to stress. (I'm getting married in 4 months!) I did try one other AD when I was in school, but only ended up taking it for about a week before I decided I didn't want to take them. (I can't even remember which one it was.) I tried some many "natural" ways to cure depression/anxiety, but it just always came back. I go back to the doctor's on Friday, so we'll see if they decide to up my 10mgs to 20mgs.

I hope the fluoxetine works for you and keep me updated on your progress!

-Liz

Glad to hear it is helping you to relax a bit more. I am not too bad at the moment not eating much just not hungry. I am trying to keep my thoughts into perspective The mornigns are the worse to face and waking early. this is day 11 for me.

Cathy xx

Hello all! Just a quick update to let you all know that the last three days have been great! Just some headaches, but I think that's just some lingering SEs. I meet with the doctor tomorrow for a physical, so we'll see how that goes.

Great news for you Liz Hope i will be saying that soon as I am still not good terrible sickness and retching. goes ok as the day goes on. still very anxious also. and waking early.

Usually in bed by now but I hate to think what i will be like in the morning I also still just veging on the sopha just cant get no motivation. This is day 16 for me.

Cathy

Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread Information