Thread: convinced i have stomach bowel or colon cancer please help!

convinced i have stomach bowel or colon cancer please help!

Hi every1. I'm so glad to read I'm not alone. This fear I have is making my life hell! A month ago my cousin was diagnosed with bowel cancer at the age of 37 very young. It has spread and can't b cured.totally awful! Before this awful news I was fine now I'm suffering from stomach pain everyday! I'm convinced I have got it too! I'm totally petrified and have been to the doctors 3x in 3 weeks with back pain stomach pain and I found a little blood in the toilet which was diagnosed as a pile! My doctor thinks I have gallstones and am having a scan this week. I'm convinced they will find something else. I keep going dizzy and can't rest at all my mind goes into over drive at night. I have a little girl and I'm driving myself crazy that I won't see her grow up. Please help!

Re: convinced i have stomach bowel or colon cancer please help!

Hi Louise, firstly sorry to hear about your cousin. I went through the exact fears and worries back in 2010. I had constant wind, stomach pains, passing blood, bloating, abdominal pain and weight loss. Going from a guy that was carefree, fun loving to being a wreck that couldn't function or sleep through fear and worry. I had a colonoscopy and endo and all clear. What bought my worries on was the daughter of a colleague at work having similar symptoms and being diagnosed with bowel cancer at 29. I have since learnt that slot of my problems were a result of gut flora imbalance caused by a well known diet.

Re: convinced i have stomach bowel or colon cancer please help!

I have occasional bleeding from back end too, convinced it is bowel cancer :( hoping my sigmoidoscopy will prove otherwise

Thread Information