Thread: To scared to increase the dose!!!

To scared to increase the dose!!!

Hi all,

I've become a massive chicken and won't increase my fluoxetine dose to 40mg in fear of SE . . . Any words of wisdom or reassurance??

Thanks.

Re: To scared to increase the dose!!!

Nothing specific to the 40mg, but I can say, let's be chickens together today. I had said I'd try and go back to work today, got myself up and showered, but just could NOT bring myself to spend a whole 8 hours at work so called in sick instead. I think it was probably the right decision, but this morning I feel really crap about myself for copping out.

So, while I don't have any advice on the meds, I can just say that this whole recovery business is full of really difficult decisions for us all. x

Thanks Sue I know how you feel with regards to being off work! I'm a primary school teacher and I've already had a month off due to panic and anxiety. I tried to work and I don't want to be off but I wasn't performing correctly. I have an appointment with occupational health tomorrow so we will see what they say. Don't feel guilty about being off, if you had a stomach bug you wouldnt go into work.

Hiya it's not ray taken that first tablet and the second but to increase Is hard too. I just keep thinking every day is a step closer to feeling better. Xx

---------- Post added at 12:04 ---------- Previous post was at 12:03 ----------

Not ray that should be easy!!

Hi Marc - thanks for your kind words. Good luck with the OT tomorrow. I work as a journalist, so it can be quite stressful. I'll think they'll give me an easy time when I go back in, but it's partly the idea of a whole day of concentration that seems so impossible. In fact today, even staying awake feels impossible.

Thread Information