Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: do i have cervical cancer

Re: do i have cervical cancer

I had ectopic heartbeats and fibroids!!!

My ectopics come and go depending how anxious Iam but they are not life threatening I had an hysterectomy 10 years ago because of the HUGE fibroid but I was in my late 40's.Im sure your scan will be fine, so gud luck hun and please try not to worry

Hi Selphie

I am now 44 yr old, and when I was 29 after the birth of twins and a sterilization, I suffered for years.

It was after scans and laparoscopy that they found fibroids and adhesions. I was only clear of a period for 4 days a month and the pain went up to my breasts and down to my knees.

I had a hysterectomy at the age of 29 and never looked back. I was lucky that I had had my family and didn't want any more. I believe now that they can just remove the fibroid and lining of the womb. There are alternative remedies, but I never looked back after that surgery.

Hope you feel better soon, and Good Luck Hun x

hi everbody i had my scan and they told me what they told me when i was pregnant that i had a big fat juicy fibroid thats how she said it same place right wall of the womb 5cm what it was when scanned when i was carrying my baby.
    i told her my worrys and she said ive seen enough of these to know what it is.
    she said if it was cancer then its been a year and it would have grown but its stayed the same size.
    its left me feeling alot better now i hope that the doc will help me with my periods now i have another one coming up and i know it will be heavy and the amount of blood scares me

a life lived in fear is a life half lived

Good to hear it's definitely a fibroid. I have problems with the darn things too - they're all intramural (not in the uterus cavity). At the moment I'm getting alot of bloating - hoping it'll pass... I've put it down to the fibroids pushing on the intestines or slightly unhealthy diet since the New Year. I seem to go through bouts of this from time to time. But makes me feel really low. When I was pregnant one of my fibroids ballooned to 16cm (no lie), then died off, leaving me with a hard benign lump - now 4cm. But I have new fibroids now... I hope that they naturally die off too, but long before they reach 16cm...

As for the bleeding that's a pain. I was offered the Mirena coil, but not too keen on the idea personally. But lots of women swear by it. My hormones seem weird at the best of times - ectopic beats, etc. Mind you I'm 42, so approaching the perimenopause I suppose.

All the best. NattyOne.

thanks natty one...... seems my last 2 periods have gone back to being normal again 5 days with the first 2 days being heaviest.
    i really wish i knew why they went so haywire and lasting to long.
    i also dont want that coil that they advised you to have thats a bit to worrying for me lol.
    ive stopped worrying about the fibroid and my periods and i had me cervical smear come back normal so im trying to get on without wottying im sure something will come along soon to make me worry again but until then im going to try and get on the best way i canxxx

a life lived in fear is a life half lived

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information