Thread: Very Light Headed, Supposed 'Virus' Worried :(

Very Light Headed, Supposed 'Virus' Worried :(

Evening All,

I was sent home from work this morning (first day back from Xmas Break) as I nearly fainted at my desk and was really really light headed and had servere vertigo until I got home and lay in my bed for an hour. I have not left the flat since but even when the taxi dropped me to my door, I felt sooo light h eaded going up the stairs. I suffer from HA and general anxiety and am aware of feeling light headed when anxious but the symptoms I suffered today were much stronger than the light head I get when I worry. It was proper room spin and walking on a cloud, I was soo close to fainting when I got up from my office chair.

Now tonight, I am really worried and freaked out about it. My head feels very stuffed even though I do not have a blocked or runy nose, I have a mild headache and I also had a bad bout of diahrrea after I got back home this morning.

My boss, family and housemates are saying it is a virus but I never knew a virus would do this to me. I am really worried it is something sinister, please could someone let me know that these symptoms are in fact normal as I don't want to believe my nearest and dearest, I am soo worried it may be something else at the moment :(

Re: Very Light Headed, Supposed 'Virus' Worried :(

That does sound very much like a virus (could be anxiety also) but I must admit that if I'd had the same experience I'd probably be feeling all the same sort of fears as you - that's how HA works. I hope you feel better soon.

Hi , please don't worry . It is a virus as I've had the very same thing . I've had in a week and just starting to get abit better now xx

i would just like to sya that i feel like this when a bad anxiety attack strikes... all the symptoms you have described then feeling really tired and washed out after...
    hope you are feeling better today.
    rach
    x

Hello,

I have read your experience and it seems rather much like my own. I believe it is a mixture of a virus and anxiety. If you are being affected by a virus and made to feel dizzy, the worry of feeling dizzy sets off an anxiety response. At least that's what happens to me. The fear of fainting can also trigger dizzyness. I would suggest some rest and try to not think about it. It's a cycle I was trapped in which only made it worse. Sorry if this isn't the answer you were looking for but I believe you may just have a simple virus.

regards,

Matt

Sounds very much how i feel when i have a migraine, migraines come in all shapes and sizes, they are not always just an evil headache, dizziness, spaced out, floaty feeling, stuffy head, are all a part of migraine.

---------- Post added at 12:54 ---------- Previous post was at 12:49 ----------

Just to add that having diarrhea and sickness can come with migraine too

Thank you all for your messages

I'm currently hiding under my duvet as I have an extreme episode of dizzyness and think I'm going to throw up :( for some reason I feel slightly better under the duvet and typing on my phone!

I know what you mean Matt, I do feel that it is a virus but my symptoms feel worse due to anxiety. I am starting to panic about the symptoms though, the pressure on top of my nose, the nausea, the feeling of needing the toilet but I'm too afraid to leave my bed in case I faint :( the Dr reassured me there on the phone but I can't help feeling its an agressove brain tumor or rare form of cancer :( I know my panic and anxiety doesn't help me or do any favours for me, I just can't see how I am going to rebound from this in order to get to work okay!

Feeling stressy

Also, bear in mind that it could well be simple that your blood pressure dropped, which it does through out the day, for everyone, and it rises, nothing bad about that but if you are the sort of person that checks in on every feeling the body produces then a drop in blood pressure for normal daily reasons will bring PANIC which we all know makes the whole thing a million times more worse. x

Thanks Mindful for your advice

Feeling slightly better but can't shift the tightness around my sinuses, I suffer from migraines too so I do think it may be playing a part too. I just get so stressed over my symtpms and now I'm worried that I won't be able to go to work tomorrow, I really hope I do find the courage but don't want to go really light headed there again :( what would your advice be? Do I wait until I feel better with this virus or do I go in to work and hope for the best?

Thread Information