Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: does anyone have GERD/acid reflux?

Question does anyone have GERD/acid reflux?

If so, please could you tell me what your symptoms were? How you were diagnosed? What treatment you had/have? And how long before your symptoms eased?

I think I have this. Googled my symptoms (only read patient.co.uk and NHS website) but would like to hear from actual sufferers to hopefully keep my anxiety at bay ?

Thank you

Re: does anyone have GERD/acid reflux?

hi
    i have lpr im on omerprazle symtoms sore throat cough

awwww if you have this i no how you feel am in the same boat & tonight my stomach is on a mad one

my symptoms -
    gurgling stomach
    burning / raw / sickly feeling just below ribs in center
    bloated feelin
    burning between shoulder blades
    burning throat
    loud stomach

I hate it my stomach been bad all today with the bubbling stomach, sickly feeling just below ribs :(

what symptoms are you having ??

Thanks for your replies, they're much appreciated

Honeyp1e, my symptoms are noisy tummy, gnawing, burning pain under left ribs and into my back, also up my windpipe. Pain when drinking hot drinks - just a burning feeling as it goes down, and I can feel it all the way. Coue of nights ago I had awful heartburn.

It's horrid :(

Sorry to hear ur feeling rough with it too - are u taking anything for it?

x

i have omeprazole tablets but i find they dont help so i just suffer i have been worse so this is ok for now lol i no what you mean about drinking hot drinks also i find they make that sickly feeling worse at first when i started getting all these symptoms i used to go the doctors and just describe them as a raw burning feeling as i never knew what it was now my stomach talks to me lol and its loud as hell

I'm on lanzoprazole and they REALLY help me most of the time. I usually have a burning sensation sometimes, painful in center of chest and between my shoulderblades, sore throat, acid taste in my throat..

I stick to a reasonable diet with not too much of the bad stuff and more of the good, and LOTS of water.. its seemed to keep it at bay!

---------- Post added at 00:17 ---------- Previous post was at 00:16 ----------

Oh and the doctor just seemed to feel, listen to my chest and knew what it was for some reason! My symptoms eased after tablets within about a week but I had gaviscon advance to help me too x

Hi I had camera down throat,I have oesphagitis and take Somac,drink gaviscon...lol and not eat lot crappy take away fatty food.

The biggest thing I get is nausea when I lie down at night. Sometimes it's so bad I can't sleep. I also get pain in my stomach, upper chest, and throat. Sometimes I can actually taste the acid, which is nasty. It happens if I eat a big meal just before bed or if I eat things that are too greasy or fatty for dinner. My symptoms always start at night or just after going to bed. Occasionally other foods trigger it for me, but mostly it's fatty foods like fried things. I am pretty good now at knowing what to avoid.

My doctor seemed totally unconcerned. Told me not to eat those trigger foods as they are bad for me anyway. Well, that isn't helpful when you can't sleep. I got some omeprazole over the counter and that does help me. If I have nausea I take an over the counter medicine called Emetrol. No idea whether it's available outside the US or if it's called something different elsewhere, but it tastes extremely sweet (probably not good for diabetics) and it usually calms my nausea pretty quickly.

Hi everyone and thanks for your replies

So I saw my gp today and she checked me over - felt my tummy, listened to it and listened to my symptoms. She said that I do have reflux. So I wasn't imagining my symptoms, yay! She also said that my left lung sounded wheezy. Coupled with my productive cough which I've had since before christmas, she diagnosed a chest infection too.

So I have to take 40mg of omeprazole every day for a month, and have a weeks course of amoxycillin.

Glad I went and didn't assume I was imagining things, and If I'm not better in a week, I've to go back.

Thanks again for your advice everyone

xxx

Quote Originally Posted by miss_t View Post
    Hi everyone and thanks for your replies

So I saw my gp today and she checked me over - felt my tummy, listened to it and listened to my symptoms. She said that I do have reflux. So I wasn't imagining my symptoms, yay! She also said that my left lung sounded wheezy. Coupled with my productive cough which I've had since before christmas, she diagnosed a chest infection too.

So I have to take 40mg of omeprazole every day for a month, and have a weeks course of amoxycillin.

Glad I went and didn't assume I was imagining things, and If I'm not better in a week, I've to go back.

Thanks again for your advice everyone

xxx
    Hi glad you have been sorted by your doc and that your symptoms will settle soon as i no what your going through, am also on omeprazole i take them soon as i wake in the morning 30mins before i eat (when did you doc tell you to take them? i only find there only helping me in the morning / afternoon time and of a night am suffering (like now) am gonna go see my doc to just check that i can take them of a night instead of the morning and hopefully that will settle as i never watch what i eat well i stay away from big triggers but if i cook stuff in fat when am eating out it kills me of a night

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information