Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: axiety going away on holidays

axiety going away on holidays

My husband and I are going away on holidays for five days. I seem to be getting more anxious. I suffer fron health anxiety. My anxiety seems to be getting worse. I keep worrying that I will come down with something and won't be able to go. I have been getting alot more missed heart beats and palpitations. Does any one else get this before they have to go away.
    Debera

Yes! I know how you feel. When we went to the dominican republic I really was worried I would get sick, because their doctors and hospitals are run down.. a very poor country :-(

I am going to Disney World in August and I am already worried.

i im going on holiday next wednesday and im terrified..i really dont want to go...in fact im worrying so much ive had stomach pains for a week and yes ive had a horrible few days of anxiety and panic...which have brought on ectopics and palpitations...
    i worry i will need medical care and their hospitals are not like ours
    my fear is i will collapse and they wont be able to help me..
    god why do we think like this...we should be looking forward to a break not dreading it
    i hope you have a nice time

Hey! Please read my success story about my holiday to Cyprus. Like you i was dreading it, but once you're away with a change of scenery i'm sure you will have a great time like i did, and believe me, i NEVER thought i would!

Thinking of you, India xxx

india where can i red your story...in which section??

When i got on the plane 12 yrs ago i had a panic attack. Not been on a plane since and while i was away i was convinced i had that Necrotising Fasciatis (flesh eating bug) It was all in the papers at that time. Spoilt my holiday & i ran to the docs when i got home.
    But my sister suffers from health anxiety & is always fine when shes on holiday, only bad when shes not! So i bet you will be fine & like her, you will totally reccuperate. She has 2 holidays a year & needs them! [^]

Pete to win Big Brother! He is Daddy Fantastic with pants made of elastic!

I get anxious before hols too, hate the thought of not being able to get to a dr if i need one, afaraid of being out my comfort zone. Never was this bad though - getting worse this year. I'm sure you willhave agreat time and enjoy yourself once you are there

Take care
    Daisybun

'This too will pass'

I can totally relate to this one as i am due to leave on 21st june for florida and i will be away until 14th july, so i am starting to worry about what will happen if i take unwell when there, i know i have insurance but when you suffer fron anxiety you worry in case it turns out that your insurance doesnt cover you, i wish i could just relax nd enjoy the build up to the holiday, im hoping that once i get there i will be enjoying myself too much to worry.

I just want my life back
    nell
    x

I can totally relate. I worry soooo much before I go on holiday. You are not alone, not crazy & completely normal: There are so many of us who feel like this. So, when anxiety & panic hits remember that loads of people feel the same & hopefully this will help abit. Please let us know how you get on.

I know how you all feel about going away on holiday. I too always worry incase I take ill and that fact I am so far away from home.

I did go to Spain about a month ago, only for 5 days and it went well.

It has definetly boosted my confidence as when I have a bad day (like today!!!) it puts things into perspective.

I wish you all well and we are so much stronger than we think we are.

Darkangel x

........life is for living not just for surviving

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information