Thread: Death of a pet, finding it hard to cope

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Death of a pet, finding it hard to cope

My beloved pet cockatiel passed away last Wednesday at just over 18 and a half years of age and I have been devestated ever since.... I got her when I was about 8 so I cant remember alot of what life was even like without her. She was so loving and so much fun and I just cant get my head around that she'l never sit on my shoulder again or do cute little things. She was fit as a fiddle up until a year ago when she started having some breathing probs, but medicine from the vet helped alot, although she could never fly very far in the last year and in recent months banged into things a couple of times when flying, but she still had a great quality of life despite the flying probs and was very happy, active and loving and got alot out of life. Last week however she banged into a wall and when we picked her up she had a little bit of blood on her and then she just keeled over and died! We spent ages rubbing her thinking she would wake up but she never did..... We wrapped her in satin and placed her in a little box with letters and pics of us and buried her in the garden where she has a halogen light to mark out her grave

Its been a week and I am just so depressed, I know this may seem an overeaction tothe death of a pet but she really was a member of the family :-( Its just so scary how your life can be turned upside down in the blink of an eye :-( I have had the worst new year ever, am back at work today and just wish could go back to bed

I think one of the things that makes it even harder is apart from my parents who are also really upset (even my dad has been crying alot and he isnt the type of man who cries openly). My boyfriend is trying to be supportive but deep down im sure he thinks im pathetic
    Last edited by louise123_uk; 05-01-12 at 11:55.

Thread Information