Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Successful Changes From Seroxat to Another AD - Advice Please

Re: Successful Changes From Seroxat to Another AD - Advice Please

Good luck that meds the next for me if im no better by next wed, ive heard good reports from it x x

Me too, a friend of mine had a run of really bad luck with a fair few SSRI's over a year ago, she was in a terrible mess, Mirt is the only med that worked for her.

Well, I took both 15mg of Seroxat and 15mg of Mirtazapine together at 7.20pm last night and went to bed shortly after, I was asleep by 8pm and had a really good nights sleep. Very deep sleep, funny dreams and woke up at 6am without the overwhelming feelings of anx, dread and depression that I have been waking with. I still had quite a sweaty night from the Seroxat but that's to be expected.

Overall I feel a lot calmer this morning, a little groggy and hazey but not too bad after 10hrs sleep. I actually feel positive at the moment but do feel like I could go back to sleep for a little while longer.

Fingers crossed for the rest of the day.

Sorry to bump one of my old threads, but I need to ask the same question again.

Mirt didn't work out well for me as after 8 weeks my depression was terrible - I was never suffering with depression prior to paroxetine or mirt.

I would love to hear if anyone has done well on paroxetine but having come off it (for whatever reason) found it didn't work and found another AD did.

I'm hoping to be med free for the next couple of weeks before seeing my GP again, and if things haven't improved I would like other alternatives to discuss with her.

My first thoughts are citalopram, sertraline or venlaxfexine but I would like to hear from anyone who has had success with them AFTER paroxetine.

Thanks all.

Hi Lauz

Think it's a bloody lottery tbh! Venlafaxine is prescribed, I think - don't quote me by psychiastrists? Lot on here on Sertraline and Citalopram and Venlafaxine. It's hard - what suits one and not another, etc, we all want to get well don't we

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information