Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Successful Changes From Seroxat to Another AD - Advice Please

Re: Successful Changes From Seroxat to Another AD - Advice Please

Well today I feel much the same as yesterday, just no lift in feeling so flat and down. I didn't take 20mg last night, but did go up a bit to 17mg, just fear I guess. I've looked at loads of other medication alternatives over the last couple of days, perhaps too much butdesperate to find a quick fix. I've been smoking too much too which is obviously not good and feel very lethargic so have gone back to bed for some rest and quiet.

I've been vomitting some mornings too which has never happened to me before with this med so I'll see what the GP says about this on Monday.

After spending most of yesterday in bed where I could get comfortable and relax a little (and not chain smoke or use the computer) I started to feel a lift last night which was nice. Feeling better this morning than I have over the last couple of mornings which I'm sure is a positive sign, but I've been up since 4am :(

Was only sick a little this morning and even managed a shower.

Glad your feeling a bit better i used to retch every morning when i got up its bloody horrible mornings are always the worst, i hate them!! xx

Thanks Nicola - I forced myself into town with my husband and daughter (after changing my mind to and fro a few times and trying to call the panic that kept rising), and I'm really glad I did. I had a chat with my husband, who is as frustrated with all this as I am, and we seemed to clear the air a little.

I used some of the Claire Weekes teniques today every time I falt anxiety building, and that, coupled with Rescue Remedy helped get me through without it rising to high. This is the first time I've practised this tecnique, but I'll certainly continue giving it a go.

After a not unsuccessful trip we all came home and my mood is definately lifting, as it often does in the afternoons, but I'm knackered and starving now. Considering I haven't eaten much for a week, the fact that I'm so hungry is a bonus.

Docs tomorrow morning so will discuss the ups and downs with her and see what she says.

Visit to the GP went well this morning and she thought there was some possible truth that by being on less than the minimum theraputic dose I was not yet feeling the full benefits, so she has signed me off for another two weeks to see how I get on, and if after that time I'm still not feeling any significant improvement she will change my meds, trying Cit first. She isn't happy that I'm feeling worse, not better and doesn't want to prolong it any longer than being able to say "I gave them a chance", so lets see what the next two weeks has in store. She's signed me off again until I see her next.

She suggested Cit because its usually her first med of choice, along with Prozac (which I've tried before and didn't get on with) and has a longer half life so generally works quicker. Plus, having already overcome the worst side effects of SSRI's, I probably won't get a repeat of those first two horrendous weeks. She finds that to the patients she has prescribed Cit too, they usually work wonders and don't have to try anything else - but we're all different so I'm willing to give them a try if necessary.

I felt less anx this morning, and certainly for less time than usual too and considering going to the GP usually fills me with dread, this is GOOD! My appetite has started to return too (my stomach was rumbling so loud last night I could have woke the neighbours so had to have a little late night snack), and I wasn't sick this morning which is also GOOD!

So, lets see what the next couple of weeks bring

Good luck hun, hopefully this week will be the turning point for you good sign you wasn't sick that should make you feel alot better not having to endure that every morning xx

Motivation is one of my biggest problems at the moment, after a week of being in a "funk" (since New Years Day), it's hard to get myself out of my chair and doing things. I'm sure it was similar as what everyone else refers to as a "blip", but it left me with an intense feeling of depression for a couple of days, just like I was in some empty void.

I know I have to push myself to get back to doing things, even just the ironing, or having a shower, but its really hard to do something unless I REALLY have to.

I'm gonna take my daughter to school tomorrow I think (husband usually does this on his journey to work) and then pop to a friends house so that I'm not sitting here on NMP all day

Well, I woke up with a little anx and feeling really flat, can only describe it as depression - no will, motivation, no emotions other than frustration and anger at feeling so, so awful. Its so demoralising and stuggling to find hope that the upped dose will work.

Was sick again this morning (dry heaving I think it is when there's nothing to bring up), but got myself into the shower, which I've been finding hard to do of late - it involves motivation after all.

I keep telling myself its side effects, because I never felt like this before I started taking Seroxat again, but I've never felt like this on the previous occassions (although I've always started straight in at 20mg and never need to go any higher than that).

Starting to believe all the horror stories I've read about Seroxat, which is counter-productive and I MUST stop reading them but I can't stop looking our answers, for a glimmer of hope.

I had an terrible nights sleep as my daughter got in bed with us at 2.30am and I never really went back to sleep properly after that, which could account for feeling worse this morning.

Last night was the 3rd day of 20mg so I am expecting some slight increase in side effects, but nothing of major proportions.

I'm naturally fearful of having to try a new med in a couple of weeks if Seroxat doesn't "kick in", but at the same time I don't want to continue feeling like this so I feel like I'm stuck between a rock and a hard place. I know many people wouldn't have given Seroxat the amount of time I have with the side effects I've experienced, but I feel like I don't want to give up on it just yet because I have so many "what if's".

Sorry for long post, just gotta get it all out of my head and on here.

Hi Hun just wondered how you were feeling? xx

Been feeling rubbish, worse than ever so rang the doc who said to reduce to 15mg and is starting me on 15mg of mirtazapine from tonight. Just picked them up from the chemist and am quite looking forward to the long nights sleep I should get. Also looking forward to getting my appetite back and hopefully putting on some of the weight I've lost. Got everything crossed and have made sure I read only the positive threads.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information