Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Finally feeling myself :0)

Finally feeling myself :0)

For those of you on venlafaxine, I just wanted to share my experience. This week I went back to work after 2-3 months off with severe anxiety and depression and this drug I believe coupled with sheer determination has finally started to give me my life back. I'm still on the road to recovery and in hindsight I think I've probably been ill for a couple of years. This week I feel like the old me, the me I was when I first met my husband ten years ago, the me who was chilled out, the me who would do things without constantly thinking about how i feel. Dont get me wrong there are still times during the day when the glimmer of anxiety tries to overcome me but I can finally put those feelings to the back of mind rather than them taking over.

If the first anti-depressant you get offered doesn't work for you (for me it was Citalopram), don't give up, try something else til you find something that suits you.

Good luck everyone, you will get there x

Re: Finally feeling myself :0)

Well done chappers, great post for the New Year.

Onward and upwards.

Keep it coming.

Best wishes

Yay thats great news, well done xx

brill news hun , im on day 9 of 37.5 still doc dont want to up till the 2 weeks mark , 1 thing i have noticed on my good days is by 6.30 ish i start to feel agitated n anxious n a bit moody too but like i say im on 1 a day of normal tabs do u think this is coz of the half life thing with them and maybe i need a bit more or over the next few days will it last a bit longer into the eve??
    nice to have a good reveiw on this med , my aunty and sister take this also and swear it s the best 1 by far , xxx

Chappers... what dose citalopram were you on, and for how long?

I've upped to 40mg citalopram (been on it since the beginning of November) but it's still not got to my low mood.

Venlafaxine is one that may be tried next but I feel quite scared by it.

I was on 40mg for about 3 weeks of Citalopram (I'd had 6 weeks of 10mg and 20mg prior to that).

Why are you scared of venlafaxine? Every day I get that little bit better :-)

chappers did u take the tab ? and if so did u take em together or 1 morn /1 after noon ?
    when u upped from 37.5 ?
    and did u notice any side effects when upping?
    how long altogethe ru been on them now ?
    xx

Quote Originally Posted by chappers1980 View Post

Why are you scared of venlafaxine? Every day I get that little bit better :-)
    Well its the bad withdrawal that frightens me. I was on Seroxat for a long time and found it very difficult to come off. Also I worry if you gain weight on it?
    I think I may be put onto it though as Citalopram really isn't working... I have to feel better than this. xx

Quote Originally Posted by Catya View Post
    Well its the bad withdrawal that frightens me. I was on Seroxat for a long time and found it very difficult to come off. Also I worry if you gain weight on it?
    I think I may be put onto it though as Citalopram really isn't working... I have to feel better than this. xx
    I'm going to cross that bridge when i come to it. I needed to take them to feel better and the anxiety was ruining my life. I haven't put weight on (yet) but then i've cut out a lot of junk as i think that was helping with my symptoms. I've cut out everything with caffeine, so tea/coffee, soft drinks, chocolate etc...

chappers how long before u see a steady improvement on the 75mg a day??
    i hope ya still doing well? x

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information