Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: I found no help in this website

Re: I found no help in this website

Hi Sam.
    Lots of people stop taking Citalopram after a few days. It enhances the anxiety something terrible, but if you stick with it for a few weeks you might find that it gradually makes you feel much better.
    We all try to pull ourselves together, but for the most part we fall apart again after a wee while. Best not to think too much about the starving millions until you're better

Quote Originally Posted by sam66 View Post
    Thankyou for the support, really appreiated. I stopped taking citopram after a week as it made my anxiety alot worse, the propranolol helps with panic if I have to leave the house as this is difficult at this time, perhaps I should just pull myself together, there are people starving, wars I have no right to feel like this
    Hi Sam citalopram is renowned for increasing anxiety at the beginning but it does pass after 2-3 weeks or so, unfortunatly most AD's make us feel 100 times worse before we get any better xx

Heres a thought, I have been a Mum since 17 now 45, I saw what parents distuction can do and believe me my kids needs have always come far above mine, but what if now they are grown and I have done my job as a parent that Im might actually harm them more by staying alive, I watched my Father slowly distroy my family, am I not doing the same?

---------- Post added at 19:31 ---------- Previous post was at 19:18 ----------

my job as a Mum is done and perhaps instead of feeling guilty, that hey I raised my kids alone, had a heroin brother to pick up, losing my Mum, relationship breakdown, sons abuse,problems at work, that actually its time to put me first and if I dont want to be here anymore, that should be my right

In what way would you harm them,just by staying alive? how are you destroying your family? by being ill and depressed? no way....Im sure they love you and want to see you well.....is there anyone in your family you can confide in? It really does help to talk.
    Im not saying I know the answers,I dont know your past,but I have had a painful childhood and all I can say is.......why let the past win?? ! You,ve put your childrens needs far above yours....is that not being a good Mum? I bet you,re a fantastic Mum....
    but now they are grown and you,re not feeling yourself,why not take steps to help yourself get better? and build up some self esteem.
    I too have had self doubt,though deep down,I know I do my best for my kids.....I just need to remind myself sometimes,but its so hard when you,re so full of bad memories and constant worries that take over.....mind in turmoil
    I tried self help,books,CD's etc but they only helped a little and have now been on fluoxetine for nearly 5 weeks and Im slowly getting better.Its not easy,but you need to help yourself too.The first 2 weeks on fluoxetine were hell AND made my anxiety alot worse,but I got alot of encouragement on here.
    Feeling guilty about starving people....yes,I did that too....yet another worry that doesnt get you anywhere.You shouldnt feel guilty.......would you not give the CIT another try? Im sure it would work,give it another chance or maybe try a different AD?

I need to be strong, get back to work, or maybe just say sod it you aint going to beat it and stop this endless pain, I have raised two fine sons I had my brother blame me for my Mum dying a Father that wished me dead at 14 'just die'. yepits fine I can do this

---------- Post added at 19:59 ---------- Previous post was at 19:57 ----------

I now how you feel sickandtired, its a long battle that never seems to end, I wish you well xx

Hi Sam. I have a good life and there is no reason for me to be depressed and anxious. But I am and I can't help it. It's an illness and we don't need to feel guilty about being ill.

I'm quite young and I would hate to lose my parents and so would your children. I know a girl who killed herself and it has affected so many people including myself. Infact it has made my struggle with depression that much harder knowing how it can end.

You will get better but I think you maybe need more help. I am on citalopram too and yes it is hard at first. I actually took it for a week and then stopped like yourself. I then started again 2 weeks later and the side effects weren't as bad.

Please just go and see your GP again and get some proper help and support xx

yes you can get better!
    i saw my mum get beaten off my step dad for years,jumped on his back many a time,only to be thrown in the corner of the room and told to 'f*** off upstairs,he threatened to tie my mum up and kill me and my brothers in front of her,then kill himself and leave her to live with it all.My Mum had to send me 200 miles away to my Aunts because he threatened to get me after school in his work van...him and his friends.....well you can guess the rest..
    we had years of hell with this *******.he smashed my grandparents windows,set fire to their house,smashed our windows,broke in whilst we were asleep (after my mum divorced him) he smashed my grandfathers gravestone,sent letters and Xmas cars to extended family containing shit and condoms...he truly was a mental case and made our lives a living hell.He died several years ago,but still haunts my dreams......
    But,I,LL BE DAMNED IF I,LL LET HIM WIN!!!! HE WILL NOT DESTROY ME AND MY FAMILY!! WE ARE STRONG AND WE WENT THROUGH ALOT.....WE CAN GET THROUGH ANYTHING!!!!! AND I,LL GET THROUGH THIS!!! AND YOU,LL WILL TOO!! YOU CAN DO THIS!

Do not use the chat room on this site, people are rude, not understanding and frankly insullting

you come in pick on people call them names you are one insultin woman
    tell people thay can buy shoes who are you to say that ?
    be nice your get nice
    god bless

Quote Originally Posted by sam66 View Post
    Yes the topics help and you can locate what your problems might be but I have had no feedback from posts from other sufferers. I was really quite hopeful to talk to other people like me that the system fails to help and get some advice but unfortunately have found nothing, another brick wall
    With all due respect, you have done 11 posts in total. That's not really giving the site or other sufferers a chance. Also, the site is not just about take, you could give a little too which would start up conversations on the topic/s you are interested in.

Lisa

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information