Thread: moral/scrupulosity really need advice

moral/scrupulosity really need advice

Hi, I was hoping someone could help. I suffer badly with moral/scrupulosity ocd and i am really struggling.
    Doing the right thing i find is never that easy or clear cut. If you do right or good by one person that very same deed could cause a negative effect on somebody else. So how do you know whether that deed was good or bad? I really hope this makes sense to someone.
    I just keep going round and round things in my head, good or bad? all the time and i find it almost impossible to make a decision or trust my own judgment.

The problem that i have at the moment is -
    I worked for a large cleaning company and the site managers are mother & son. The mans wife passed away from a terminal illness and i feel truely sorry for him that he went through this.
    On the other hand him and his mum are mean people, they say foul things about people and dont give them thier holiday entitlement, they make people feel bad for having sick days and threaten people with loss of wages and job. They have problems getting childcare for the mans son after what happened to his wife and frequently pay themselves out of the staff budget when they are not even in work, causing us to be short staffed.
    It all got too much for me and i walked out last saturday. I have spoke to some people for legal advice and i could claim or tell the company what they are doing etc.
    I feel trapped now in a moral nightmare. Should i let it be because of the suffering he went through with his wife? or should i try and do something?
    What if they lose thier jobs on top of what they have already been through because of me?
    or if i dont do anything then am i still in wrong because all the other employees are still being tret unfairly and i wouldn't be doing right by them or myself?
    Please can someone give me some advice as i am finding this a nightmare.
    Thanks

Re: moral/scrupulosity really need advice

Sounds like the pair of them are nasty, dishonest, bitter and twisted, and you would be perfectly justified if you decide to rock their world

I remember you posting before and I was appalled at how you were treated by your employers. I think you've done the right think and I hope you can move on from this and start looking after number one.
    Best of luck.

Hi, Thanks for your replies, i have terrible trouble deciding what to do because of my ocd.
    I have just yesterday found out that my manager has disclosed some very private inforamtion about me to at least 2 other memebers of staff and she has also told lies about me, saying that my partner is controlling and thats why im anxious and that he is on drugs. Neither of which are true.
    I have now decided to raise the grievance as this is just a step too far. I have actually written the letter out.
    Just hope all goes well.

Go for it

Thread Information