Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: No meds just magnesium

Re: No meds just magnesium

I use Magnesium salts (Epsom salts) in my bath. I put half a cup full in the bath each day.

I use ZMA at night ,it helps you get a deep full nights sleep

To cut a long story short I researched about magnesium supplements about 2 months ago. I was literally amazed. I think I tend to be sensitive to things I put in my body however I couldn't believe how calm the magnesium tablet made me feel. I have suspected my hormones have been increasing my anxiety symptoms. I really had no expectations but wow! I am not used to this feeling of being calm. Forget the evening primrose capsules I have been taking for years. magnesium supplement is my miracle over the counter tablet. I just have ro remembet to take it. Beware thst it stimulates your metabolism. All because of a hunch. I wish I could find something like that my my newly diagnosed arthritis but that is another story.

why are you people so vague.. IF something changed your life.. why can't you be more specific.. Every thread no one is specific.. they just say .. " i took a magnesium supplement" Why not tell us what kind.. what brand.. how much.. how often you took a day.. did you have to take anything else with it? What did you start off with.. what is too much.. etc etc.. I know if something changed my life.. i would try and provide every detail I could.

How very interesting? I am definitely going to look into this. Thanks very much for the information most appreciated hopey

Quote Originally Posted by hopey View Post
    How very interesting? I am definitely going to look into this. Thanks very much for the information most appreciated hopey
    Have a look on the Natural Remedies board hopey, there are a few threads running about the different forms of magnesium that expand on all this.

Well done to the OP! There is a lot to be said for the natural route and correcting deficiencies and we need to know there are other routes than medication and the same old CBT!

I've just started with Magnesium Taurate, I got onto it from googling my symptoms, (my bad!!), but I think it actually worked in my favor this time! I have been feeling better with yoga lately, but still had restless legs, pins and needles in hands/feet/legs/arms, chest pain, rapid heart beat, still having fight/flight episodes. Was tested and told I was physically fit, it was just anxiety. I have taken the mag for the past 4 days, and my symptoms have pretty much already almost disappeared, the only thing that it weirdly has done is upset my sleep, (it seems to help others), I tried ZMA once last year, and it gave me an awful wired feeling and total insomnia, I feel alert after taking it rather than fatigued, but alert/relaxed if you know what I mean, but cannot get over to sleep. I'm going to persevere, because it has helped so much, just hope that it settles down a bit and the sleep gets better.

I'm using Swanson Mag. Taurate, 2 in morning, 2 at night.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information