Thread: Psychosomatic Sensations

Psychosomatic Sensations

I apologise if this has already been discussed on a thread.

I've suffered from OCD for several years now and was wondering if anyone else had problems with psychosomatic sensations / pains which they know are OCD related?

I brushed past something with my leg that in my mind was one of the 'contaminated' things in my life and know my knee and leg feel constantly tense where it feels dirty (even though I've washed several times).

The feeling abates only when I am not thinking about it (as to be expected) - but I'm finding it has recently become extremely hard to shake...

Anyone got any advice / Techniques to help with this?

Any help would be great. Freddy

Re: Psychosomatic Sensations

Hi, I have had this but more with the fear of illness. I remember years back i was obsessed with the though that i had a brain tumour and i used to concentrate on my head all the time and would get terrible headaches and wierd sensations, i even thought that my head felt different to the touch. I had a ct scan and there was nothing wrong and the symptoms just faded out over time.
    I guess the only thing you could do i to try and re focus your attention (not easy i know) i try distraction alot sometimes it works other times it doesn't.
    Sorry im not much help. I hope your ok, i can really sympathise with what your going through. tc

Re: Psychosomatic Sensations

Thanks T,

I appreciate your response - Always nice to know there's at least one other person out there who has experienced something similar!

Freddy

Thread Information