Thread: i had a panick attack driving , it has stopped me from driving can anyone help

i had a panick attack driving , it has stopped me from driving can anyone help

hi

i think i had what is called a panick attack driving , it just comeout the blue , a horrible tought that something was going to happen , i dontknow what tho??? like something dangerous!

its scared the hell out of me and now i wont drive at all, i try to get in my car but soon as i get in the car i get that horrible turned over stomach feeling as tho something is going to happen ,,,,

has anyone else been through this ?

my life is now just stuck in the house , i dont go out and i so much want to drive but i dont know where to start first

where do they come from panick attacks and why , and also why such horrible unintrusive thoughts , thanks please help

Re: i had a panick attack driving , it has stopped me from driving can anyone help

The best way to deal with it is to get in the car and just drive, set yourself a small target, like just driving round the block and back home, or even to the end of your street, then once you realise you CAN do that, stretch out and do slightly longer drives each time.

Re: i had a panick attack driving , it has stopped me from driving can anyone help

hi
    iv had this many times where something just comes in to ur head and you scare urself and then the panic comes . i wind the windows down drink some water . somehow i find the strenth to go on . and somehow you must find the strenth .

The nature of an attack can come from anywhere but most likely some form of stress. It can build over time and at first we dont recognize it but if not dealt with it grows. In one sense it is our mind saying ...wow slow down. Dont fear it, it cant harm you and do try and go for short drives

the best thing you can do is get back in that car. Have you ever heard of the saying "get back on the horse" get back in that car!

don't drive , just go and sit in it. Or if you cant do that , walk up to it, walk round it , look at it and just repeat this over in your head "It's not scary....it's fine".

Just don't give up on driving. You've gotta go up to it , get in it, drive short journeys and build your confidence back up.

The worst thing you can do is NOT get back in it.

Dont' be scared - i know its hard because i used to panic everytime i went in a hot room and i still do.

xx

http://beginnersbeauty.com/
    My Blog =)

>>> UPDATED!!!!! www.anxietyforteens.weebly.com<<<

Recovered from Panic attacks , now recovering from Anxiety - nearly there!

Thread Information