Thread: headache not going away!!!

headache not going away!!!

i've had a bad head for about three weeks now and went to my GP when they started and told it was tension (tight band around my head feeling)
    i've been taking ibuprofen as told and has helped a little along with a few days off work.
    my head is still hurting but the pain has now moved and i'm getting sharp pains every so often on one side of my head this is scaring me as it's a different type of pain along with the pains i keep getting in my chest i think i'm going mad and can't cope with this anymore i feel like i'm always at the doctors but i'm scared that i have a problem they arn't seeing.
    i'm having trouble at work now and snapping at everyone all the time and not sure what to do next......[?]

flutterby a headache is a classic sign of tension an dif youve had the all clear from the docs im sure thats all it is

also if you are snapping at people at work then you may well be agitated through nervous exaustion which would also explain the headaches

do you ever read claire weekes books

jackie

It really is a classic anxiety symptom, especially the tight band feeling.
    Try burning some lavendar oil or using it to massage the neck and temples area to relax that area.

Take care
    Daisybun

'This too will pass'

hi flutterby, maybe your headaches could also be caused by this really hot weather we are havung at the mo!!!!!i too get the head pains but these are classic anxiety symptoms.try relaxation cd s if you can these will help you to relax the muscles in your head take care rachel x

Jackie, havn't heard of claire weekes books i'm afraid...

Thank you for the advice i'm still going to mention it to the doctor tomorrow when i go as i am still taking ibuprofen every day and don't want to be taking it too long as have heard it isn't good for you...

Flutterby
    most tension headaches dont respond to simple analgesics and in fact if you keep taking them you can sometimes end up with a rebound headache when you stop taking them, i would worry too much about the headache changing this is very common too and indeed was the pattern that my tension headaches used to take,i particularly hated thejabbing pains as these were what scared me the most. My advice to you would be to stop taking the painkillers, and try and relax. Tension headaches are diagnosed by the following criteria, A tight band round your head almost like you were wearing a headband. They get no worse when you bend over, and although the pain can be intense you are still able to function with it. If you had something more serious wrong with you your ability to function would go. I always knew that mine were tension as they felt like the were outside my skull (apart from the sharp jabbing pains). Im sure you also have a tense neck, shoulders and upper back. This is whatcauses the headaches as the sheath of muscle that comes from your shoulders goes up your neck and over your skull into your scalp,if youtense these muscles in neck and shoulders it will have a knock on effect tensing the scalp giving you one whammy of a headache. Your gp would be able to tell by just watching you moving and talking that you were neurologically sound try not to worry, relax and your headache will ease. Hope this helps

I just want my life back
    nell
    x

Hi,

Im always getting headaches, lasting anything up to 2 weeks. Make sure you are drinking plenty of water and also the more you are worrying about the headaches, the less chance you have of them getting better (easier said than done, I realise that)

I also put hot water bottles at the base of my neck, which helps, and to be honest, I am a Reiki master, so I do Reiki on myself, this easies the tension, as you relax. More often than not, I tend to dose off to sleep and wake up without a headache.

Hope these tips help, but try not worry, would be my first peice of advise and plenty of water

Feel free to PM me, if you want to talk.

Emma xx

Keep focused, keep positive.

Thread Information