Thread: Fear of having heart attacks due to panic attacks.

Fear of having heart attacks due to panic attacks.

Hello again,

This my first post about this on here. I have suffered from panic attacks for a few years now, and I know they were caused by me partying a little too hard when I was younger. Recently I started having a phobia of heart attacks after nights that I drink. I'm not in the best shape that I could be in and when I go out drinking, I sometimes wake up the next day not feeling that well. I find that certain types of booze seem to bring on panic attacks. Also the hangovers sometimes are worse than other times, and when they are bad, I fear the fact that I may suffer a heart attack. I've gone to the doctor and had EKG's done, and every single time the results have come back fine. Nothing is wrong with me. I do have high blood pressure though and take medication for it.

My doctor says that by doing a little exercise every day, I will feel better. But when I sit down after a night of drinking , I freak out and start thinking about heart attacks. Even though they never happen. This brings on panic attacks but I face them and they go away pretty quickly.

Well thats what I am going through right now, and if any of you have any advice for me, it would be really appreciated. Have a wonderful day.
    Last edited by TheRealDeal1979; 11-01-12 at 18:53.

Re: Fear of having heart attacks due to panic attacks.

Hi RealDeal,
    I'm guessing my you don't have the panic attacks and consequential heart attack fears when you haven't been drinking....? If that is the case, then your answer is the alcohol.
    It doesn't do me any favours either, although I couldn't imagine going teetotal and some of the best years of my life were partying hard, despite suffering afterwards. But the old adage 'moderation' might be what you have to accept to prevent these attacks, also rather than sitting down, some intensive distraction could help...
    How would you feel about giving up the booze completely for a while until you start to feel better...?

sorry to be blunt but its pretty simple, stop drinking it obviously makes you anxious .

I used to drink, made me very anxious, still drank then after a boozy session after I sobered up and felt pretty damn rough I got hyperventilation syndrome which I can't get rid of and have had for 12 years so I stopped drinking since, hasn't particularly made me feel any better but I know I'd be loads worse if I still drank and Im sure if I wasn't boozing all the time I probably wouldn't have hyperventilated in the first place, what you need to be carefull of if drinking makes you anxious is you only have to get another symptom once for it to plague you a very long time, if drinking makes you more anxious its best avoided.
    Every single person on your mum and dad's side
    Successfully looked after and passed on to you life.
    What are the chances of that, like?
    It comes to me once in a while
    And everywhere I tell folk it gets the best smile.

JUST CARRY ON REGARDLESS

[QUOTE=TheRealDeal1979;923761]Hello again,

This my first post about this on here. I have suffered from panic attacks for a few years now, and I know they were caused by me partying a little too hard when I was younger. Recently I started having a phobia of heart attacks after nights that I drink. I'm not in the best shape that I could be in and when I go out drinking, I sometimes wake up the next day not feeling that well. I find that certain types of booze seem to bring on panic attacks. Also the hangovers sometimes are worse than other times, and when they are bad, I fear the fact that I may suffer a heart attack. I've gone to the doctor and had EKG's done, and every single time the results have come back fine. Nothing is wrong with me. I do have high blood pressure though and take medication for it.

My doctor says that by doing a little exercise every day, I will feel better. But when I sit down after a night of drinking , I freak out and start thinking about heart attacks. Even though they never happen. This brings on panic attacks but I face them and they go away pretty quickly.

Well thats what I am going through right now, and if any of you have any advice for me, it would be really appreciated. Have a wonderful day.[/QUOTE

I know how you feel

---------- Post added at 23:29 ---------- Previous post was at 23:29 ----------

i know how you feel , I am going through this right now..trying to figure out why

Sorry to be blunt, but stop drinking then! I find i'm worst after drinking which is why have have stopped.

I'd stop drinking - I had that experience too! ��

Thread Information